Analytics views are filters that you can apply on the Sources tab and the Pages tab in the traffic analytics tool to filter the data for easier analysis. Analytics views can be customized by your domains, visitor country, and more.
Depending on your subscription, there is a limit to the number of custom analytics views that can be created in an account.
Please note: only users with the Edit website settings permission can create and edit analytics views.
Before you get started
When creating an analytics view, keep the following in mind:
- Analytics views will start tracking data the day it's created and will not include historical data. If you update an existing view, the existing data will not update to match your changes.
- Sessions will only be tracked in an analytics view if the session starts on the location specified in the view. For example, if you create a view for the www subdomain and landing-page/form URL path, sessions will only count when they start at landing-page/form.
Create and manage analytics views
To create and manage custom analytics views:
Learn how to apply these analytics views to your data in the traffic analytics tool.
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings settings icon in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Tracking & analytics > Tracking Code.
- Click the Analytics views tab. You can see your existing custom analytics views in the Custom analytics views table.
- To create a new view, click + Add another view.
- In the right sidebar, enter a view Name.
- Click the filter options to segment your data by:
- Click Apply filter.
- Click and to add any additional properties, then click Save.
- To edit an existing view, hover over the view and click Edit.
- To delete a view, hover over the view and click Delete.