You may encounter the following error message when attempting to install the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in:
An error occurred attempting to install HubSpot Sales in Outlook.
Please note: these steps apply to the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in. If you have the HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in, follow these troubleshooting steps.
To resolve this error:
- Paste the URL that appears in the error message into Internet Explorer to re-initiate the download, or download the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in installer here.
- If the new installation doesn't resolve the problem, add app.hubspot.com, dl.getsidekick.com and app.getsidekick.com to your trusted sites zone in Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click the Settings gear icon at the top right of the window and select Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab.
- Select the Trusted Sites icon.
- Click the Sites button.
- Add each of the following URLs to the Add this website to the zone field, one at a time. Click Add after entering each one:
- Once you've added all three URLs, click Close.
- If the issue persists, clear your ClickOnce app cache:
- In Windows, search and run the Command Prompt application.
- In the application, enter the following:
rundll32 dfshim CleanOnlineAppCache
- Hit Enter to run the command.
- Try installing the add-in again.
- If the issue persists after the cache is cleared, reset your Internet Explorer settings.
- If the issue persists, the installation is still being blocked. Disable any antivirus programs and run the installer again. Alternatively, contact your network administrator to check for any other programs that may be blocking the HubSpot Sales download.
- Once you go through the installation process again, HubSpot Sales should install correctly and appear in Outlook.