First, ensure that you click the track email box when you send email from Gmail or Outlook. If you have clicked the track email box and are having trouble receiving HubSpot Sales real-time notifications, take the steps in this article to resolve this problem for the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension or HubSpot Sales for Windows tray app.
Please note: click tracking is only available for Sales Professional users. Open tracking is available for Sales Free and Sales Professional users. Learn how to upgrade to receive click notifications here.
HubSpot Sales Chrome extensionIf you are using the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension to deliver your notifications, check the following:
- Google Chrome must be running on your computer with the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension enabled in order to get the real-time notifications.
- Make sure that notifications are toggled ON in the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension if you are using Chrome to deliver your notifications.
- If you are using both Google Chrome and Outlook, it's possible you could be signed into one account in Google Chrome and a different account in Outlook. Ensure you're signed into the correct account in both platforms.
If you're sending tracked emails and have notifications turned on, but are not seeing notifications for your emails, follow the steps below to troubleshoot:
Chrome settings blocking notifications
Occasionally, some Chrome settings can prevent HubSpot Sales notifications from appearing. Ensure your browser is not blocking pop-up notifications by navigating to Chrome settings:
- In Chrome, click the hamburger menu (three vertical dots) in the top right corner of your browser window and select Settings.
- Scroll down and click Advanced.
- Under Privacy and security, click Content settings.
- Click Notifications, and click the toggle ON at the top so Ask before sending (recommended) is shown.
- In the Allow section, click ADD. In the pop-up box that appears, type [*.]hubspot.com in the Site field and then click ADD.
- Navigate back to your Chrome content settings and click Cookies.
- Click ADD next to Allow. In the dialog box that appears, type [*.]hubspot.com in the Site field and click ADD.
Conflicting Chrome extensions
Some Chrome extensions conflict with HubSpot Sales' ability to send notifications. To resolve this:
- In Chrome, click on the hamburger menu (three vertical dots) in the top right corner of the browser window and select More Tools > Extensions.
- Temporarily disable (uncheck) all extensions, except HubSpot Sales.
- To test, send a tracked email to email@example.com.
Update Chrome and extensions
Check that your Chrome browser and HubSpot Sales extension are up to date.
- To update Chrome, navigate to chrome://help.
- To update HubSpot Sales, navigate to chrome://extensions.
- Check the Developer mode box and click Update extensions now.
- Send a tracked email to firstname.lastname@example.org as a test.
If you're still not seeing pop-up notifications come through in real time in Chrome and are using Gmail to send your emails, try disabling Gmail Lab features:
- In Gmail, click the gear icon at the top right and select Settings.
- Click on the Labs tab and disable all Gmail Labs features.
- Click Save changes and restart Gmail.
- Send a tracked email to email@example.com.
HubSpot Sales Outlook plugin and Windows tray appIf you are using the Outlook plugin to send your emails and the Windows tray app to deliver notifications, please check the following:
- Real-time HubSpot Sales notifications are sent through Google Chrome or the HubSpot Sales for Windows tray app. If you are sending tracked emails using the Outlook plugin and not seeing real-time HubSpot Sales notifications appear, make sure your Chrome browser is running in the background or that you have the Outlook tray app enabled.
- If you have the Windows tray app installed as well as the Chrome extension, the tray app will not display notifications. HubSpot Sales will rely on the Chrome extension to do this instead.
- Ensure you are logged into the correct HubSpot Sales account when sending tracked emails using the Outlook plugin. If you're logged into the incorrect HubSpot Sales account in Chrome, your Outlook inbox needs to be reconfigured to the correct account. Check out this article for instructions on this process.
Please note: real-time notifications are not available if you are using the HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in.