If you are having trouble receiving HubSpot Sales real-time notifications, the steps below will help walk you through resolving this problem for Chrome and Outlook.
First, ensure that the track emails box is checked in Gmail or Outlook and make sure that notifications are toggled ON in the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension.
If you are sending tracked emails and have notifications turned on, but are not seeing notifications for your emails, follow the steps below to troubleshoot.
Chrome settings blocking notifications
Occasionally, we see that some Chrome settings are preventing HubSpot Sales notifications from appearing. Make sure your browser is not blocking pop-up notifications by navigating to Chrome settings:
- In Chrome, click the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) in the top right corner of your browser window and select Settings.
- Scroll down and click Show Advanced Settings.
- Under Privacy, click Content Settings.
- In the Notifications section, select Allow all sites to show notifications.
- Click on Manage Exceptions and add [*].hubspot.com to the exceptions list.
- Click Done.
- In the Cookies section, click Manage Exceptions and add [*.]hubspot.com to the exceptions list.
Send a tracked email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You should see a real time notification pop-up in Chrome. If the test email does not trigger a pop-up notification, there may be a conflicting Chrome extension or Gmail lab, which is covered below.
Conflicting Chrome extensions
Some Chrome extensions conflict with HubSpot Sales' ability to send notifications. To resolve:
- In Chrome, click on the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) in the top right corner of the browser window and select More Tools > Extensions.
- Temporarily disable (uncheck) all extensions, except HubSpot Sales.
- To test, send a tracked email to email@example.com.
Update Chrome and extensions
Check that your Chrome browser and HubSpot Sales extension are up to date.
- To update Chrome, navigate to chrome://help.
- To update HubSpot Sales, navigate to chrome://extensions.
- Check the Developer mode box and click Update extensions now.
- Send a tracked email to firstname.lastname@example.org as a test.
If you're still not seeing pop-up notifications come through in real time, try disabling Gmail Lab features:
- In Gmail, click the gear icon at the top right and select Settings.
- Click on the Labs tab and disable all Gmail Labs features.
- Save changes and restart Gmail.
- Send a tracked email to email@example.com.
- Real-time HubSpot Sales notifications are sent through Google Chrome, or the HubSpot Sales for Windows tray app. If you are sending tracked emails using Outlook and not seeing real time HubSpot Sales notifications appear, make sure your Chrome browser is running in the background or that you have the Outlook tray app enabled.
- If you have the Windows tray app installed as well as the Chrome extension, the tray app will not display notifications; it will rely on the Chrome extension to do this instead.
- Make sure you are logged into the correct HubSpot Sales account when sending tracked emails using Outlook. If you're logged into the incorrect HubSpot Sales account in Chrome, your Outlook inbox needs to be reconfigured to the correct account. Check out this article for instructions on this process.