If you are having trouble receiving HubSpot Sales real-time notifications, the steps below will help walk you through resolving this problem for Chrome or Outlook.
Before you continue troubleshooting, ensure that when you are sending email from Gmail or Outlook you are clicking the track emails box.
Please note that click tracking is only available for Sales Professional users. Open tracking is available for Sales Free and Sales Professional users. Learn how to upgrade to receive click notifications here.
If you are not receiving open or click notifications with Google Chrome or the HubSpot Sales for Windows tray app, and are checking the track email box in Gmail or Outlook, please see the steps below depending on your setup:
The Chrome extensionIf you are using the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension to deliver your notifications, please check the following:
- Google Chrome must be running on your computer with the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension enabled in order to get the real time notifications.
- Make sure that notifications are toggled ON in the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension, if you are using Chrome to deliver your notifications.
- If using both Google Chrome and Outlook, it's possible you could be signed into one account in Google Chrome and a different account in Outlook. Make sure you're signed into the correct account in both platforms.
If you are sending tracked emails and have notifications turned on, but are not seeing notifications for your emails, follow the steps below to troubleshoot.
Chrome settings blocking notifications
Occasionally, some Chrome settings can prevent HubSpot Sales notifications from appearing. Make sure your browser is not blocking pop-up notifications by navigating to Chrome settings:
- In Chrome, click the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) in the top right corner of your browser window and select Settings.
- Scroll down and click Show Advanced Settings.
- Under Privacy, click Content Settings.
- In the Notifications section, select Allow all sites to show notifications.
- Click on Manage Exceptions and add [*].hubspot.com to the exceptions list.
- Click Done.
- In the Cookies section, click Manage Exceptions and add [*.]hubspot.com to the exceptions list.
Send a tracked email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You should see a real time notification pop-up in Chrome. If the test email does not trigger a pop-up notification, there may be a conflicting Chrome extension or Gmail lab, which is covered below.
Conflicting Chrome extensions
Some Chrome extensions conflict with HubSpot Sales' ability to send notifications. To resolve this:
- In Chrome, click on the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) in the top right corner of the browser window and select More Tools > Extensions.
- Temporarily disable (uncheck) all extensions, except HubSpot Sales.
- To test, send a tracked email to email@example.com.
Update Chrome and extensions
Check that your Chrome browser and HubSpot Sales extension are up to date.
- To update Chrome, navigate to chrome://help.
- To update HubSpot Sales, navigate to chrome://extensions.
- Check the Developer mode box and click Update extensions now.
- Send a tracked email to firstname.lastname@example.org as a test.
If you're still not seeing pop-up notifications come through in real time in Chrome and are using Gmail to send your emails, try disabling Gmail Lab features:
- In Gmail, click the gear icon at the top right and select Settings.
- Click on the Labs tab and disable all Gmail Labs features.
- Save changes and restart Gmail.
- Send a tracked email to email@example.com.
Outlook and the Windows tray appIf you are using Outlook to send your emails and the Windows tray app to deliver notifications, please check the following:
- Real-time HubSpot Sales notifications are sent through Google Chrome or the HubSpot Sales for Windows tray app. If you are sending tracked emails using Outlook and not seeing real time HubSpot Sales notifications appear, make sure your Chrome browser is running in the background or that you have the Outlook tray app enabled.
- If you have the Windows tray app installed as well as the Chrome extension, the tray app will not display notifications. HubSpot Sales will rely on the Chrome extension to do this instead.
- Make sure you are logged into the correct HubSpot Sales account when sending tracked emails using Outlook. If you're logged into the incorrect HubSpot Sales account in Chrome, your Outlook inbox needs to be reconfigured to the correct account. Check out this article for instructions on this process.