With the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension for Gmail, HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in, or the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in, you can access your sales tools directly from your inbox. Refer to the table below to determine which extension or add-in is compatible with your setup.
|Email host||Gmail or G Suite||Office 365||Any|
Gmail/G Suite in Chrome
Outlook on the web Outlook.com*
|Operating system||Mac, PC||Mac, PC||PC only|
|System requirements||N/A||N/A||Microsoft Windows 7,8, or 10
Microsoft Outlook 2010, 2013, or 2016
Microsoft Visual Studios 2010 tools for Office Runtime
.NET 4.6 or higher
|Connected inbox required||No**||Yes||No**|
|Centrally deploy/install for multiple users||Available||Available||Not available|
|Quick install links|
Please note: HubSpot Sales does not support Apple Mail. Apple does not provide support for third-party developers creating Apple Mail add-ons.
Install the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension
- Click here to navigate to the HubSpot Sales extension in the Google Chrome store.
- In the dialog box, click Add to Chrome. If this is the first time you've added the extension, you'll be prompted to log in.
- Log into your HubSpot Sales account when prompted.
If you are a Google admin for your organization, you can automatically install the extension for multiple users.
Install the HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in
- Outlook installed from the Microsoft Store is not compatible with the HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in. Check your Outlook version to ensure it is Click-to-run.
- Office 365 from GoDaddy is not compatible with the HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in, because GoDaddy currently does not support third party apps.
- The HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in can only be installed on an Office 365 hosted email account (Office 365 Business Premium, Office 365 Business Essentials, or Office 365 Personal). If your inbox is hosted with a different email provider, you cannot install the Office 365 add-in. If you don't have an Office 365 account but use Outlook for Desktop on Windows, install the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in instead.
- Do not install both the HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in and the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in on the same device. These add-ins will conflict.
There are two ways to install the HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in:
Install the add-in individually
To install the Office 365 add-in in your account:
Click here to navigate to the add-in in Microsoft AppSource.
- In the left sidebar, click Get It Now.
- In the dialog box, click Continue.
- You'll be taken to your Office 365 account. Click Add.
Once installation is complete, you'll be redirected to a page indicating the add-in has been successfully installed. You can now access your templates, documents, and sequences from your Outlook inbox.
Centrally deploy the add-in
Office 365 admins can centrally deploy the add-in to all Office 365 users in your organization. When the add-in is centrally deployed, all Office 365 users on the domain will automatically get the add-in, with no additional steps required.
Follow Microsoft's instructions to publish Office add-ins using centralized deployment via the Office 365 admin center. On the Centralized deployment step, select I want to add an Add-In from the Office Store, and search for HubSpot Sales.
Please note: when the add-in is centrally deployed, you may need to relaunch Office to see the add-in icon appear on the ribbon of the app. Outlook add-ins can take up to 12 hours to appear.
Install the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in
- The HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in does not support Outlook for Mac. If you use Outlook for Mac, an Outlook on the web account, or an Outlook.com account, install the HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in instead. Additionally, HubSpot Sales is not supported in terminal server environments.
- Do not install both the HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in and the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in on the same device. These add-ins will conflict and cause issues for your sales tools.
- Outlook installed from the Microsoft Store is not compatible with the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in. Check your Outlook version to ensure it is Click-to-run. Learn more about the technical requirements for installing the Outlook desktop add-in.
- Click here to download the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in.
- Run the HubSpot Sales for Outlook installer (setup.exe). If you come across any errors when installing the extension, refer to the installation troubleshooting guide for more information.
- Restart Outlook.
- When prompted, log in with your HubSpot Sales account credentials.
Once installed, HubSpot Sales should appear in the inbox ribbon.
- Click here to download the HubSpot Sales for Windows tray app.
- Run the downloaded setup.exe file.
Once the app is installed, you can view your activity feed by clicking the HubSpot sprocket iconsprocket in your Windows tray.