Install HubSpot Sales for Gmail, Office 365, and Outlook desktop
Last updated: November 4, 2020
|All products and plans|
With the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension for Gmail, HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in, or the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in, you can access your sales tools directly from your inbox. Refer to the table below to determine which extension or add-in is compatible with your setup.
|Email host||Gmail or G Suite||Office 365||Any|
Gmail/G Suite in Chrome
Outlook on the web Outlook.com*
|Operating system||Mac, PC||Mac, PC||PC only|
|System requirements||N/A||N/A||Microsoft Windows 7,8, or 10
Microsoft Outlook 2010, 2013, or 2016
Microsoft Visual Studios 2010 tools for Office Runtime
.NET 4.6 or higher
|Connected inbox required||No**||Yes||No**|
|Centrally deploy/install for multiple users||Available||Available||Not available|
|Quick install links|
Please note: HubSpot Sales does not support Apple Mail. Apple does not provide support for third-party developers creating Apple Mail add-ons.
Install the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension
- Click here to navigate to the HubSpot Sales extension in the Google Chrome store.
- In the dialog box, click Add to Chrome. If this is the first time you've added the extension, you'll be prompted to log in.
- Log into your HubSpot Sales account when prompted.
If you are a Google admin for your organization, you can automatically install the extension for multiple users.
Install the HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in
- Outlook installed from the Microsoft Store is not compatible with the HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in. Check your Outlook version to ensure it is Click-to-run.
- Office 365 from GoDaddy is not compatible with the HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in, because GoDaddy currently does not support third party apps.
- The HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in can only be installed on an Office 365 hosted email account (Office 365 Business Premium, Office 365 Business Essentials, or Office 365 Personal). If your inbox is hosted with a different email provider, you cannot install the Office 365 add-in. If you don't have an Office 365 account but use Outlook for Desktop on Windows, install the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in instead.
- Do not install both the HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in and the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in on the same device. These add-ins will conflict.
There are two ways to install the HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in:
Install the add-in individually
To install the Office 365 add-in in your account:
Click here to navigate to the add-in in Microsoft AppSource.
- In the left sidebar, click Get It Now.
- In the dialog box, click Continue.
- You'll be taken to your Office 365 account. Click Add.
Once installation is complete, you'll be redirected to a page indicating the add-in has been successfully installed. You can now access your templates, documents, and sequences from your Outlook inbox.
Centrally deploy the add-in
Office 365 admins can centrally deploy the add-in to all Office 365 users in your organization. When the add-in is centrally deployed, all Office 365 users on the domain will automatically get the add-in, with no additional steps required.
Follow Microsoft's instructions to publish Office add-ins using centralized deployment via the Office 365 admin center. On the Centralized deployment step, select I want to add an Add-In from the Office Store, and search for HubSpot Sales.
Please note: when the add-in is centrally deployed, you may need to relaunch Office to see the add-in icon appear on the ribbon of the app. Outlook add-ins can take up to 12 hours to appear.
Install the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in
- The HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in does not support Outlook for Mac. If you use Outlook for Mac, an Outlook on the web account, or an Outlook.com account, install the HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in instead. Additionally, HubSpot Sales is not supported in terminal server environments.
- Do not install both the HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in and the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in on the same device. These add-ins will conflict and cause issues for your sales tools.
- Outlook installed from the Microsoft Store is not compatible with the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in. Check your Outlook version to ensure it is Click-to-run. Learn more about the technical requirements for installing the Outlook desktop add-in.
- Click here to download the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in.
- Run the HubSpot Sales for Outlook installer (setup.exe). If you come across any errors when installing the extension, refer to the installation troubleshooting guide for more information.
- Restart Outlook.
- When prompted, log in with your HubSpot Sales account credentials.
Once installed, HubSpot Sales should appear in the inbox ribbon.
- Click here to download the HubSpot Sales for Windows tray app (if you're having trouble getting the download to start, click here instead).
- Run the downloaded setup.exe file.
Once the app is installed, you can view your activity feed by clicking the HubSpot sprocket iconsprocket in your Windows tray.
Track and log emails with the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension
Use the Trackand Logfeatures of the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension to monitor and keep a record of your...Knowledge Base
Enable connected inbox automation
When you connect your inbox to HubSpot, you can enable inbox automation to turn on Artificial Intelligence...Knowledge Base
Log email in your CRM with the BCC or forwarding address
With the HubSpot Sales email extension, you can automatically log emails sent from outside of HubSpot to the...Knowledge Base