The transactional email add-on gives Marketing Hub customers a dedicated IP address to send emails for commerce receipts, account updates, terms of service changes, and other essential business transactions. Transactional emails are for relationship-based interactions, unlike marketing email, which is typically used to promote your content.
Please note: Transactional email is an optional product add-on. Contact your HubSpot customer success manager or sales representative for further details.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Email.
- Click Create email.
- Select a template, give your email a name, and click Create email.
- Edit your email. You can use personalization tokens in transactional emails, just as you would with your marketing emails.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Click the Subscription type dropdown menu and select Transactional.
- Send or save your email:
- To send a one-off transactional email, such as a terms of service change, you can send or schedule your email from the Send or Schedule tab.
- To use your transactional email in a workflow, select the Save for automation radio button on the Recipients tab, then continuing to the Review tab and select Save for automation. Learn more about using emails in workflows.
- To integrate this transactional email with an external system, choose the option to Save for single send API. Learn how to use the single send API or the SMTP API.