As a marketer, it’s important to reach your audience the right way. HubSpot has always provided a method of sending traditional marketing newsletters or marketing emails, but now you have the option to send transactional emails in HubSpot as well.
Transactional emails allow you to send emails to your contact database that involves subjects like commerce receipts, account updates, terms of service changes, and more. Transactional emails are largely defined as relationship-based email, unlike marketing email, which is often used to promote your content.
Creating a transactional email is just as easy as creating a marketing email but with small differences. Follow the instructions noted below to create a transactional email.
Please note that Transactional emails require the use of a unique, dedicated IP Address. Please contact your HubSpot customer success manager or sales representative for further details as Transactional email is a product add-on.
- Navigate to Content > Email and click on the blue Create new email button located on the top right.
- Select a template of your choosing, give your email a name, and click on Create.
- Proceed to edit your email.
Please note that Transactional emails require the use of a unique, dedicated IP Address. Please contact your HubSpot customer success manager or sales representative for further details as Transactional email is a product add-on.Please note that the process for creating a transactional email is the same as creating a marketing email. However, the notable difference comes when you encounter the Email Type selection. Under this selection, please select Transactional.
- After this step, continue to edit your email as you're accustomed to when creating marketing emails.
- If you are sending a one-off transactional email, such as a Terms of Service change, you can send/schedule your email.
- If you are integrating this transactional email with your own system to send receipts, for example, choose the option to Save for single send API. Please refer to the developer documentation when using Single Send API emails.
Now, you're ready to employ Transactional emails to send contact specific communications, and further enhance your relationship with such contacts. Please note Transactional emails can also be sent via our SMTP API.