The transactional email tool gives you a unique, dedicated IP address to send emails for commerce receipts, account updates, terms of service changes, and other essential business transactions. Transactional emails are for relationship-based interactions, unlike marketing email, which is typically used to promote your content.
Please note: Transactional email is a product add-on. Contact your HubSpot customer success manager or sales representative for further details.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Email.
- Click Create email.
- Select a template, give your email a name, and click Create email.
- Edit your email as normal. You can use personalization tokens in transactional emails, just as you would with your marketing emails. Learn more about personalization tokens here.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Click the Subscription type dropdown menu and select Transactional.
- Send or save your email.
- If you are sending a one-off transactional email, such as a Terms of Service change, you can send or schedule your email from the Send or Schedule tab.
- If you would like to use your transactional email in a workflow, you can do so by selecting the Save for automation radio button on the Recipients tab, then continuing to the Review tab and clicking Save for automation in the top right. Learn more about using emails in workflows.
- If you are integrating this transactional email with an external system, choose the option to Save for single send API. Learn how to use the single send API.
- Learn how to use transaction email with the SMTP API as well.