Visited URL events record when an anonymous visitor or HubSpot contact visits a specific URL on your website.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Reports > Analytics Tools.
- Select Events.
- In the upper right, click Manage events.
- In the upper right, click Create event.
- In the right panel, set up your event:
- Enter an Event name.
- To easily find and keep track of your event, click the Tags dropdown menu and select a tag.
- Select Visited URL as the Event type.
- Click Next.
- Enter the URL you want to track visits to in the Page URL field.
Please note: visited URL events can only be created and tracked on pages that have the HubSpot tracking code installed.
You can use wildcard characters in the page URL when creating a visited URL event. This allows you to track your event on a range of pages without explicitly defining each URL.
Examples of wildcard combinations that will correctly record event completions for visits include:
Wildcards following a trailing slash will not include the original page URL. For example http://myblog.com/* will include any pages with subdirectories in the URL beyond myblog.com/, but will not include the page at myblog.com. If the wildcard is entered before the trailing slash, then it will include the original URL. For example, myblog.com* will include myblog.com/my-article and myblog.com.
- Click Save to finish creating your visited URL event.