Progressive fields allows you to make your forms smarter and more efficient.
If the contact filling out your form already has a value for a specific field, you can specify that another form field displays in its place. Over time, you get to learn more about your leads without asking them the same questions or asking for too much information prior to building trust.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Lead Capture > Forms.
- Click the name of a form or create a new form.
- In the form editor, scroll down to the Queued progressive fields section, and drag over any field(s) you want to display in place of a contact's previously captured fields. The queued fields will be displayed to your contact in this order if they have known values for any of your progressive form fields.
- Hover over a form field to replace if the contact has a known value and click the pencil icon edit.
Please note: it is generally not recommended to make the Email field progressive. Including an email field on every form allows contacts to update their email with a preferred address, creates a more consistent user experience, and avoids potential issues with contact deduplication.
- In the left pane, click the Progressive field option dropdown menu and select Replace with queued progressive field.
Please note: if there are multiple fields in a row on the form, the progressive field option will apply to all fields in the row.
Test your progressive fields
- To test your progressive fields, click the Style & Preview tab.
- In the left panel, click the Test section to expand it.
- Select a progressive field checkbox to see how the form changes for a visitor who has already filled it in or already has a value for the field.
- In the upper right, Save or Publish your changes.