If you've installed HubSpot Sales for Outlook on Windows desktop and Outlook is crashing, follow these steps to resolve the issue:
- Navigate to your PC's Sidekick folder. You can access this folder in two ways:
- Paste this filepath into your Start menu: C:\Users\%Userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Sidekick\. Please be sure to replace %Userprofile% with the title of your user profile.
- Open your Windows library folder and navigate to your C: drive. Here, open your Users folder and then your user profile folder. Add \appdata\roaming\sidekick to the file path after your user profile and hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Remove all of the files in the folder that opens.
- Shut down Outlook completely.
- Paste this filepath into your Start menu: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Sidekick and hit Enter.
- Remove all contents of that folder.
- Start up Outlook.
- Click the Track Email checkbox. This should prompt you to log in.
Please note: if you encounter an error message that the folder or file(s) are currently in use when you attempt to delete them, close all instances of Outlook and Sidekick for Windows. Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete and click Task Manager. Ensure you are in the Processes tab, then locate and right-click the SidekickTrayWPF process and click End Task. Then, attempt to delete the folder or file(s) again.