Learn how to create and manage translations for email subscription types in your account settings. Translations will render based on the browser language of your recipients.
If you're creating emails with the drag and drop editor, you can translate the subscription information into another language for a specific marketing email.
Add translations to a subscription type
You can add translations for an existing email subscription type in your email settings. Translations will render based on the language settings of your contact's web browser.
Create a new translation
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, click Marketing > Email.
- Click the Subscription Types tab.
- Hover over an existing subscription type and click Edit.
- In the lower left, click + Add a translation.
- Click the Language dropdown menu to select a language for your translation.
- Enter a translated Subscription name for the selected language.
- Enter a translated Description for the selected language.
- If applicable, select a Purpose of subscription and Method of communication for this subscription type.
- In the Preview at the bottom, you'll see a preview of how your subscription will appear for the selected language on your email preferences page.
- Click Save.
To add another translation, click + Add a translation and complete the steps above. When you've finished adding translations to your subscription type, click Finish.
After translations have been created, your customers will see a dropdown menu at the top of your email preferences page to select any translation language you've added.
Edit a translated subscription type
After a translation has been added, you'll see a listing of any translations appear in the Subscription types. To edit or remove a translation:
- Hover over the subscription type and click Edit.
- Click the name of the translated subscription to expand its details.
- Make edits as needed to modify this subscription. To delete the translation, click the trash icon delete in the upper right.
- When you've finished making your changes, in the bottom left click Finish.
Select the subscription language for a specific marketing email
Please note: at this time, it's only possible to select a subscription language for an individual email in the drag and drop email editor.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Email.
- Hover over an existing email and click Edit or create a new email.
- In the email editor, click the Settings tab.
- Click the Language dropdown menu to select a support language for your email subscription information. Your email footer information will appear in this language for all recipients.
After you've set the translated language for this email, contacts will see a dropdown menu on the email preferences page. This dropdown menu can be used to switch between the default language and any other translation languages you've added in your settings.