When you connect your Exchange inbox to HubSpot, you might experience an error while connecting the inbox or while updating your inbox in your Email Integrations settings.
To view inbox connection errors:
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Integrations > Email Integrations.
- Any error messages will appear on the Connected Emails tab.
You may need to contact your IT department or your email provider to confirm details about your Exchange setup or user account.
Exchange URL is invalid
HubSpot can't connect to the Exchange server due to an issue with the URL. Verify that the Exchange URL is accurate and formatted like https://example.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx.
To find your Exchange server URL, log into your email account from your browser. Once you've logged in, copy the domain of the URL and paste it into the Exchange field. For example, if the full URL of your email account is https://mail.example.com/home, the correct Exchange URL would be https://mail.example.com/ews/exchange.asmx.
Unable to connect due to Exchange version
HubSpot can't connect your inbox because you're using an older version of Exchange. You will need to update your Exchange server to Exchange 2010 SP2 or above.
Unable to connect to Exchange server
HubSpot encountered a general error without additional messaging when connecting your inbox.
- Confirm that your Exchange mailbox has an SMTP address, which is required to send email.
- Verify that the domain of your Exchange URL is listed as a common name on the SSL certificate installed on your SSL server.
HubSpot encountered an authentication error, which indicates that the credentials you entered are incorrect:
- Confirm that your email address and password are correct.
- Some Exchange servers require a custom username to log in. The default format for a custom Exchange login is DOMAIN\username. Confirm if your Exchange server requires a custom username to connect.
Test email failed
To verify that your inbox is connected and working, HubSpot submits a test email from your inbox to the BCC address for your account. This test email may fail to send due to a permissions issue. Confirm that your user account in Exchange has permission to send mail on behalf of the specified sending account.