Why is progressive profiling useful for marketers?
Progressive profiling offers a range of marketing benefits such as:
- Increasing the conversion rates by controlling form length.
- Qualify contacts as they reconvert on your landing pages.
- Reuse the same forms across different landing pages.
- Collect insights to better target your contacts.
- Shorten your sales cycles.
It is generally recommended to not make the email field smart. Always including an email address field allows users to update their email with a preferred address and creates a more consistent user experience.
How progressive profiling works
With progressive profiling, your specified form fields are replaced with queued questions. For example, if you've already received a contact's company name, that field gets replaced with your first queued field, such as Industry, the next time that contact encounters a form with that previously answered question.
Progressive profiling allows you to keep your forms short and simple and helps build trust with your leads by asking little bits of information each time they visit.
Follow these instructions to set up progressive profiling fields on your form.
1. Open form
In your HubSpot Marketing Professional or Enterprise account, navigate to Contacts > Forms and either open an existing form or create a new form.
2. Enable progressive profiling for your field(s)
Hover over the form field that you wish to enable progressive profiling for and select Edit. In the left sidebar menu that appears, select Replace with queued progressive field from the Progressive field options dropdown menu.
3. Add fields to queued questionsClick and drag fields to the Queued progressive fields section of the form editor to replace fields with progressive profiling once they have a known value.
4. Save form
Once you've set up your form with progressive profiling, save your changes by clicking Save in the upper right-hand corner.