In the contact profiles sidebar menu, use the search bar to search for a specific contact in your HubSpot contact database by name or email address. Once you select the contact, you'll pull up more information from their HubSpot contact record in the sidebar menu.
Edit contact properties
After searching for a particular contact and clicking the name to see more information, you can edit the contact's properties from the sidebar menu (this information will be saved in the HubSpot contact record as well):
- In the sidebar menu, click About to view the contact properties. The properties here are the ones specified as default in your HubSpot account.
- Hover over the contact property you wish to edit and click the pencil icon.
- Enter a new value for the property and click Save.
Create tasks for a contact
After searching for a particular contact and clicking the name to see more information, you can create a task that will be associated with the contact:
- In the sidebar menu, click Tasks. Here, you'll see the contact's existing tasks if they have any. Click Create task to create a new task for the contact.
- Two fields will appear. Enter the task name and select a due date for the task. Then click Save.
The task will be saved in the contact profiles sidebar menu under the contact's Tasks section. It will also be saved in HubSpot under Tasks in your main navigation menu as well as on the contact's timeline.
You can also select Call. You'll be brought to the contact's record in HubSpot, and the Call tab above the timeline will be automatically selected, where you can choose to start a call with the contact.