If you are writing CSS within a HubSpot style and it is not applying to your page, here are some troubleshooting steps to follow:
- Use Chrome Developer Tools or Firefox Firebug to inspect the element on the page that is being targeted. Check to see if the CSS is being overridden.
- Double check the selector you have written to make sure it applies to HubSpot's markup.
- Make sure the style you are editing is being applied to your page. If you are including multiple stylesheets in a master style, make sure to click Update on both.
If you are still having the issue with your code not rendering, check your CSS file for any bad code prior to the CSS that is not applying. Bad code, such as open braces, will cause all CSS below the problem code to fail to compile. Firebug has a built-in CSS tab that you can use to track down the point at which your CSS file failed to compile. To do this:
- Load your page in Firefox.
- Open the Firebug by pressing F12.
- Click the CSS tab.
- Choose your master style CSS file from the dropdown menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the code to see where the file stopped compiling.