Here are the most common reasons why the HubSpot Sales checkbox may have disappeared from Gmail:
- The HubSpot Sales extension is not installed and enabled in Google Chrome.
- Other Gmail extensions may be interfering with HubSpot Sales.
- Some anti-virus/firewall settings may prevent extensions such as HubSpot Sales from loading properly.
- Gmail Labs may interfere with the HubSpot Sales checkbox placement.
If any new extensions or anti-virus settings have been added recently, either within your organization or personal computer, we recommend disabling them and reloading Gmail. If the HubSpot Sales checkbox returns after one of those options has been disabled, then our tool is likely not compatible.
Here are some other things to check if HubSpot Sales is not appearing in Gmail in Chrome.
1. Is the HubSpot Sales extension installed and enabled?
- First, navigate to the three vertical dots in the upper right of Chrome and select More Tools > Extensions.
- Verify that HubSpot Sales is listed and has the Enabled box checked.
If HubSpot Sales is not listed, click here to walk through installing HubSpot Sales in Chrome.
2. Ensure your browser is set to allow HubSpot Sales to display
- First, navigate to your Chrome Settings by clicking the three vertical dots in the upper right-hand corner of Chrome and select Settings.
- Click Advanced at the bottom of the settings page.
- Within the Privacy and security section, click Content settings.
- Click Cookies.
- Once here, ensure that you have the following options set:
- Allow sites to save and read cookie data (recommended) – Enabled
- Block third-party cookies – Disabled
3. Are you logged in to your HubSpot Sales account?
If the extension is installed and enabled but HubSpot Sales still does not appear inside of Gmail, click here to log in to your HubSpot Sales account (if you are already logged in, you will be taken to your activity stream).
4. Is HubSpot Sales conflicting with another Chrome extension or with a Gmail Labs feature?
- Navigate to your Chrome Extensions page again by clicking the three vertical dots > Settings, and then select Extensions.
- Next, uncheck the Enabled box next to every extension except HubSpot Sales. Reload your Gmail inbox and see if HubSpot Sales appears.
It's not uncommon to see the Sales extension conflict with Ghostery. To resolve this, click into Ghostery and hit Trust. Then refresh the page to see if your sales tools return.
If HubSpot Sales still does not show inside of Gmail:
- Navigate to your Gmail settings by clicking the gear icon in the top right-hand corner of your inbox and selecting Settings.
- Next, select Labs from the options along the top of the page.
If you have any labs features enabled, they will be shown at the top of the list as Enabled Labs. Disable all Labs features, and then click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page. Reload your inbox and see if HubSpot Sales appears.
5. Clear your cookies and cache
If HubSpot Sales still does not appear inside of Gmail, try clearing your cache and cookies in your Chrome browser.
To do this, go to chrome://settings/clearBrowserData in Chrome. Set the dropdown menu to the beginning of time and check the boxes for Cached images and files and Cookies and other sites, then click Clear browsing data.