Before diving into this article, please ensure that the HubSpot Sales extension is installed and enabled within Chrome. Chrome must be used to send tracked emails in Gmail.
Here are the most common reasons that the HubSpot Sales checkbox may have disappeared from Gmail:
- Other Gmail extensions may be interfering with HubSpot Sales.
- Some anti-virus/firewall settings may prevent extensions such as HubSpot Sales from loading properly.
- Gmail Labs may interfere with HubSpot Sales checkbox placement.
If any new extensions or anti-virus settings have been added recently, either within your organization or personal computer, we would recommend disabling them and reloading Gmail. If the HubSpot Sales checkbox returns after one of these options have been disabled, then our tool is likely not compatible.
Here are some other things to check if HubSpot Sales is not appearing in Gmail in Chrome.
1. Is the HubSpot Sales extension installed and enabled?
- First navigate to the three horizontal lines in upper right of Chrome and select Settings.
- On the settings page, click on Extensions on the left sidebar.
- Verify that HubSpot Sales is listed and has the Enabled box checked.
If HubSpot Sales is not listed, click here to walk through installing HubSpot Sales in Chrome.
2. Ensure your browser is set to allow HubSpot Sales to display
First navigate to your Chrome Settings. Once here scroll down and select Show advanced settings..., then click Content Settings... within the Privacy section.
Once here you will want to ensure that you have the following options set under Cookies:
- Allow local data to be set - Enabled
- Block third-party cookies and site data - Disabled
3. Are you logged in to your HubSpot Sales account?
If the extension is installed and enabled but HubSpot Sales still does not appear inside of Gmail, click here to log in to your HubSpot Sales account (if you are already logged in, you will be taken to your Activity Stream).
4. Is HubSpot Sales conflicting with another Chrome extension or with a Gmail Labs feature?
- Navigate to your Chrome Extensions page again by clicking the three horizontal bars, selecting Settings, and then clicking on Extensions.
- Next, uncheck the Enabled box next to every extension except HubSpot Sales. Reload your Gmail inbox and see if HubSpot Sales appears.
If HubSpot Sales still does not show inside of Gmail:
- Navigate to your Gmail settings by clicking the gear icon in the top right corner of your inbox and selecting Settings.
- Next, select Labs from the options along the top of the page.
If you have any labs features enabled, they will be shown at the top of the list as Enabled Labs. Disable all Labs features, and then click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page. Reload your Inbox and see if HubSpot Sales appears.
5. Clear Your Cache and Restart HubSpot Sales
If HubSpot Sales still does not appear inside of Gmail, try clearing your cache.
To do this, go to chrome://settings/clearBrowserData in Chrome. Set the dropdown to the beginning of time and check the box for Cached images and files. Then click the Clear browsing data button.
Once you've done that, restart the connection between HubSpot Sales and Chrome by clicking here. This page will automatically close and restart HubSpot Sales in Gmail.