To minimize the chance of being blocked by spam filters and to decrease the load time of your email, HubSpot does not allow you to directly attach a file to your marketing emails. Instead, you can upload the file, then link to it within your email. To do so:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Email.
- Click the name of an existing email in draft or create a new email.
- Select the text or image that you would like to link.
- Click the link iconlink in the rich text toolbar.
- Click the Link to dropdown menu and select File download.
- Click Select a file to choose a file from the file manager or upload a new one.
- Once you've selected your file, click Add link.
Your linked text will now load the document for your email recipient. You can also use a CTA to link directly to the document as well.
You can directly attach files in your one-to-one sales emails. Please keep in mind that there's a filze size limit of 10 MB for files attached to sales emails. To attach a file:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to your contacts.
- Click the name of the contact to whom you'd like to send the email.
- Click the Email tab at the top of the contact record.
- Compose your email and click the attachment icon. Select Upload to select a file from your computer or Choose from shared files to select a file from the file manager.
You can also attach a document to a sales email template using the documents tool. Learn more about using documents.