When you export the data from your email send, you'll receive a CSV file with a number of columns telling you how each contact interacted with your email.
Here's a list of these terms and what they mean:
- Sent: The message was sent to and received by our delivery provider, which has queued it for further handling.
- Processed: The message has been received by our delivery provider, which has indicated it will attempt to deliver the message to the recipient's email server.
- Deferred: The recipient’s email server has temporarily rejected message, and subsequent attempts will be made to deliver the message. This is also referred to as a soft bounce.
- Delivered: The recipient's email server has accepted the message and the message has been successfully delivered to the recipient.
- Open: The recipient opened the message.
- Click: The recipient clicked on a link within the message.
- Bounce: The recipient's email server could not or would not accept the message, and no further attempts will be made to deliver the message. This is also referred to as a hard bounce.
- Dropped: The recipient previously hard bounced or unsubscribed, making them ineligible for this email send.
- SpamReport: The recipient flagged the message as spam.
- Unsubscribed: The recipient unsubscribed to your email communications.
- Unbounce: The recipient was either automatically or manually unbounced by HubSpot. (An unbounce resets the bounce status of the recipient, potentially allowing that recipient to receive emails from your account.)
- StatusChange: The recipient changed their email subscriptions in some way.
- MTA_Dropped: Our delivery provider decided to drop the message.
- Forward: The recipient forwarded the message.
- Print: The recipient printed the message.