Follow the steps below if you've attempted to install the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in and encounter an Unable to install this application because an application with the same identity is already installed error message.
To resolve this error:
- Uninstall the add-in by following these instructions.
- Copy and paste C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Roaming\Sidekick into the Start menu and press Enter.
- Delete all contents of the \Sidekick folder.
- Navigate to the Registry Editor by typing regedit in the Start menu and clicking on regedit.
- Click the triangle next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER to expand the folder.
- Expand Software > Microsoft > Office > Outlook > Add-Ins.
- Right-click on Sidekick and click Delete.
- Collapse Add-Ins > Outlook > Office so you're back in the Microsoft folder.
- Expand VSTA > Solutions.
- Under Solutions, you will see one or several folders. Click one to see a list of files in the right-hand pane of the window.
- Go through each folder under Solutions and find one in which the value in the Data column for the ProductName file is HubSpot Sales for Outlook.
- Remove the entire folder that contains the HubSpot Sales for Outlook ProductName file.
- Re-run the install here: https://app.getsidekick.com/outlook/download.