A customer has attempted to install HubSpot Sales, but has encountered an "Unable to install this application because an application with the same identity is already installed" error message.
To resolve this error:
- Uninstall the add-in by following these instructions.
- Copy and paste C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Roaming\Sidekick into the Start menu and press Enter.
- Delete all contents of the \Sidekick folder.
- Navigate to the Registry Editor by typing regedit in the Start menu and clicking on regedit.
- Click the triangle next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER to expand the folder.
- Expand Software > Microsoft > Office > Outlook > Add-Ins.
- Right-click on Sidekick and click Delete.
- Collapse Add-Ins > Outlook > Office so you're back in the Microsoft folder.
- Expand VSTA > Solutions.
- Under Solutions, you will see one or several folders. Click on one to see a list of files in the right-hand pane of the window.
- Go through each folder under Solutions and find one in which the value in the Data column for the ProductName file is Sidekick for Outlook.
- Remove the entire folder that contains the Sidekick for Outlook ProductName file.
- Re-run the install here: https://app.getsidekick.com/outlook/download.