Contacts who were first added to HubSpot via a list import, CRM integration (including Salesforce), or an API may have an original source of Offline Source.
A contact may be added from a number of offline sources:
- API > contacts-upsert: the contact was created directly using HubSpot's Contacts API.
- Form > [form ID]: the contact was created by a form submitted from a filtered IP address.
- Salesforce: the contact was imported from Salesforce or created in Salesforce then automatically created in HubSpot.
- Contacts: the contact was manually added to the contacts database by a user.
- Analytics: the contact was created when a third-party form is used on an external page. This usually occurs when a custom event is triggered using the events tool (Enterprise only), or when the visitor fills in a third party form on a Wordpress page with the HubSpot tracking code or the HubSpot Wordpress plugin installed.
- Integration: the contact was created via a third-party software that you have integrated with HubSpot. Keep in mind that some integrations will appear under API key depending on what information is being passed to HubSpot.
- Import: the contact was imported into HubSpot.
- Sales: the contact was created via HubSpot Sales.
- Presentations: the contact was created via the documents tool.
- Conversations: the contact was created via the conversations tool.
- Bots: the contact was created via the bots tool.
Looking at the Original Source Drill-Down 1 and Original Source Drill-Down 2 properties in a contact, you should be able to determine how they were created.
It is also possible for the original source to change if it was updated manually or if a contact visited your site before being added to HubSpot. If these contacts convert on a form or click through an email to a page with the HubSpot tracking code on it, HubSpot will try to match the contact with any previous visits based on cookies. If a match is made, HubSpot will update the Original Source property to reflect the source of the contact's earliest visit to your site. Learn more about why a contact's original source changed.