- Which modules support smart content?
- How do I know where I've placed my smart content in HubSpot?
- Can I use more than one criteria type per smart module?
- Is there a limit on how many rules I can have per smart module?
- Can I insert a smart CTA into a smart rich text module?
- Can I use smart content on a thank you page?
- Can I use smart content in a blog post?
- How do I test my smart content?
- Can I use smart content on my external page?
- How does smart content know the referral source of a visitor?
Rich text, CTA, and form modules support smart content.
Modules with smart content will have the smart content icon replace on them. You can see this on the module in the design manager or in the content editor.
No. When you make a module smart, you can only choose one type of criteria. For example, if you choose to make a rich text module smart and base your smart rules around visitors' list membership, you cannot also decide to set rules based on device within the same module.
Using smart content in a blog post is not best practice, as each blog post should answer a question for one particular audience. Smart content in your blog may be misleading to RSS readers and may harm your SEO.
After you set up your smart content in HubSpot, you can navigate to your page or email editor and preview the smart content as one of your website visitors or email recipients.
You can use smart CTAs on any external page. Smart rich text or smart form modules can only be used on HubSpot pages.
For a smart CTA to work as expected:
- Your external page must have your HubSpot tracking code installed.
- The CTA embed code must not be stripped by the external page.
- If you're using multiple external subdomains, they must be tracked in your additional site domains and the Automatic cross-domain linking switch must be toggled on. This allows HubSpot to identify the same visitor across subdomains.
Additionally, if a visitor has cookies blocked by their web browser, or by their network security policies, HubSpot has no way to attribute their session to their contact record. In this case the CTA variation will not show.