Use anchor links to help your visitors navigate to a specific section of your content without scrolling.
Please note: it is strongly recommended not to use anchor links in emails as anchor tags don't work in all email clients. Anchor links also won't work in the email preview in HubSpot.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to landing pages, website pages or blog.
- Hover over the page or blog post where you want to add an anchor, then click Edit.
- Click the location you wish to insert the anchor. In the example below, the anchor is placed just before the text Step 2.
- In the rich text toolbar, click Insert > Anchor.
- Give the anchor a name, which will be included in the link URL. Do not include a # symbol in the name of the anchor. If you want to use more than one word for your anchor, separate each word with dashes (-). In the example below, the anchor is named step-2. Then, click OK.
- The anchor will appear in the location you clicked into. Next, create the link that sends the visitor to the section of the page where the anchor was inserted.
- Highlight the text to hyperlink in the content body. In the example below, skip to step 2 is highlighted.
- In the rich text toolbar, click the link iconlinkd.
- If the anchor you are linking to is on the same page as your link, enter the # symbol followed by the name of the anchor in the URL field. In the example below, #step-2 is entered in the URL field.
- If the anchor you are linking to is on a different page as the link, include the URL of the page followed by the # symbol, followed by the name of the anchor. For example, http://offers.hubspot.com/product-guide#step-2.
- Click Add link.
- If a visitor clicks this anchor link, they will be redirected to the section of the page or blog post where the anchor was placed.