The instructions below walk through creating a checkbox field and setting up a workflow so users can subscribe to your blog by filling out your HubSpot form.
Please note: this method involves the workflows tool, which is only available for Marketing Professional and Enterprise users and Sales Professional users.
- Create a checkbox contact property:
- Follow the steps in this article to create a custom contact property.
- Set the Field type to Single checkbox (checked = yes, subscribe me to the blog).
- Ensure that Show in forms is toggled on so you can use this custom property in your forms.
- Add the new blog subscription checkbox to any form where you want it to be available:
- In your HubSpot Marketing Professional or Enterprise account, navigate to Contacts > Forms.
- Click on your form to edit it. Alternatively, you can hover over the form name and select Actions > Edit form.
- From the Add form field sidebar menu on the left, click on your blog subscription checkbox property and drag it into your form.
- Use your workflows tools to add new subscribers to the default blog subscription:
- Create a workflow and set the enrollment criteria to Contact property | Subscribe to the blog | is equal to | Yes.
- The first step of the workflow should set a contact property value. There is a default blog subscription property entitled [Name of Blog] Email Subscription. Set the value to the subscription frequency you prefer (such as Instant). When you're done setting up your workflow, toggle the switch on in the upper right-hand corner to activate it.