The instructions below will show you how to create a checkbox field, which allows users to subscribe to your blog while filling out any form. Please note: this functionality is only available to Professional and Enterprise customers with the HubSpot COS blog.
Create a checkbox contact property.
- Follow the steps in this article to create a custom contact property
- Set the Field Type to Single On/Off Checkbox (checked = "yes, subscribe me to the blog")
Add the new blog subscription checkbox to any form where you want it to be available.
- Navigate to Contacts > Forms
- Edit your forms by clicking on the name of the form
- Drag your blog subscription checkbox property onto the default questions section of the form
Use Lists and Workflows to add new subscribers to the default blog subscription.
- Create a smart list of contacts who opted in using that checkbox
- Create a workflow and set the list you created above as the starting condition
- The first step of the workflow should set a contact property value (there is a default blog subscription property called "name of blog Email Subscription" - set the value to Instant or the desired frequency)
- Activate the workflow
Check out this blog article for an in-depth walk-through of the process described above.