It's not easy to connect with leads on the phone. The marketing team might provide you with leads, but when you call to qualify them, you miss them.
Lead revisit alerts make connecting with leads easier. When one of your leads comes back to your site, HubSpot will send you an email to let you know so you can take action and call those leads.
Please note: you must be a user in a Marketing Hub Professional or Enterprise account to receive lead revisit notifications. You do not need marketing access enabled for your individual user, but there must be a Marketing Hub Professional or Enterprise subscription in your account.
How lead revisit notifications work
With the lead revisit feature, you can configure your HubSpot account to send you an email and receive an alert in your notification center when an existing contact visits your website. The notifications include a link to the contact's profile page, where you can see a full history of interactions that person has had with your company.
If you have assigned a lead to a specific sales rep within Salesforce, that rep will receive the revisit alert when that particular lead visits the site again.
- Only one alert is sent per contact in a 24-hour period; the visitor may return several times in a single day, but only one alert will be sent.
- Alerts will not be sent for any contacts whose lifecycle stage is Customer.
Enable your lead revisit notification settings
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- Click Account Defaults in the left sidebar menu.
- Switch the Lead revisit notifications toggle ON.
Adjust your lead revisit notification preferences
Each individual user can adjust their own lead revisit notification preferences:
- In your HubSpot account, click your account name in the top right corner, then click Profile & Preferences.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Notifications > Alerts. You'll have the following options:
- No leads - select this option to turn revisit notifications off for your user account.
- All leads - select this option to send yourself lead revisit alert notifications for every contact in your contacts database.
- Leads that you own - select this option to send yourself lead revisit alert notifications only for the leads that are assigned to you.
Your changes will be saved automatically. If you want to view your lead revisit notifications in your HubSpot account, you can do so from the notification center:
- In your HubSpot account, click the notifications icon notification in the main navigation bar.
- To filter your lead revisit notifications, click the Filter dropdown menu. Select the Lead Revisit checkbox only, then click Filter.
If you are a Sales Hub user, you can set up revisit notifications in your prospects tool. These notifications will appear in your sales activity stream. You will need to enable the revisits notifications in the prospects tool, but you can disable these notifications in your Profile & Preferences when you are editing your lead revisit alert settings.
Set up lead revisit notifications without using the Salesforce integration
If your HubSpot account is integrated with Salesforce, lead revisit alerts will be delivered to the sales rep assigned to the lead in your Salesforce account. If you are not integrated with Salesforce, you can use the default property, Contact owner, to automatically trigger lead revisit notifications for your users. This property will pull the owner name and email address from the users currently associated with your account.
Assigning a contact owner to a single contact
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Contacts.
- Click the name of your unassigned contact.
- On the left side of the contact record in the About card, click View all properties.
- Use the search bar to find the Contact owner property. Click into the text box to select an owner for this lead from your account's users.
- Click Save when you're done.
Assigning a contact owner to multiple contacts
To assign owners to your existing contacts, update the Contact owner property for multiple contacts at a time using a workflow or by manually editing contacts' contact owner. To set up owner assignment rules for future contacts, you can also use a workflow or add a hidden field to forms.
Customize your lead revisit notification settings
Once you have assigned owners to your contacts, have your users set up their lead revisit notifications to receive alerts when their leads revisit your website.