Lead revisit alerts make connecting with leads easier. When one of your leads comes back to your site, HubSpot will notify you so you can take action and call those leads.
- How lead revisit notifications work
- Enable your lead revisit notification settings
- Set up lead revisit notifications without using the Salesforce integration
Please note: you must be a user in a Marketing Hub Professional or Enterprise account to receive lead revisit notifications. You do not need marketing access enabled for your user, but there must be a Marketing Hub Professional or Enterprise subscription in your account.
If you're a Sales Hub user, you can set up revisit notifications in your prospects tool. To view your lead revisit notifications in the activity feed, enable these notifications in your sales email extension settings.
How lead revisit notifications work
With the lead revisit feature, you can receive an email in your inbox and an alert in your notification center when an existing contact visits your website. The notifications include a link to the contact's profile page, where you can see a full history of interactions that person has had with your company.
If you have assigned a lead to a specific sales rep within Salesforce, that rep will receive the revisit alert when that particular lead visits the site again.
If you choose to receive notifications for all leads or all of your owned leads, you will receive a revisit alert for all contacts except the following:
- Contacts visiting your site for the first time.
- Contacts for whom you've received a lead revisit notification in the past 24 hours.
- Contacts that you do not own (if applicable).
- Contacts revisiting your site with a lifecycle stage of Customer. Notifications will still be sent for contacts with all other lifecycle stages, including Evangelist and Other.
The email notification you receive will list your lead's information and the domain that they've visited.
Please note: if the specific page they visited has a unique canonical URL that has a different domain than the domain in its visible URL, the domain in the canonical URL will be displayed in the email instead.
Enable your lead revisit notification settings
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Account Defaults.
- Click to toggle the Lead revisit notifications switch on.
Adjust your lead revisit notification preferences
Each individual user can adjust their own lead revisit notification preferences:
- In your HubSpot account, click your account name in the top right corner, then click Profile & Preferences.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Notifications > HubSpot.
- In the Alerts section, you can customize the following lead revisit notification preferences:
- No leads: select this option to turn revisit notifications off for your user account.
Please note: if you are not a HubSpot user and no longer want to receive lead revisit notifications, open an old lead revisit notification email and click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the message.
If you are a lead owner in Salesforce, you will need to unsubscribe after you receive your first email. There is no option to unsubscribe before the first email is received.
- All leads: select this option to send yourself lead revisit alert notifications for every contact in your contacts database.
- Leads that you own: select this option to send yourself lead revisit alert notifications only for the leads that are assigned to you.
Please note: each individual user must set their own lead revisit notification preferences. An admin or other user cannot adjust their team member's preferences.
You can view your lead revisit notifications in your HubSpot account in the notification center:
- In your HubSpot account, click the notifications icon notification in the main navigation bar.
- To filter your lead revisit notifications, click the Filter dropdown menu. Select the Lead Revisit checkbox only, then click Filter.
Set up lead revisit notifications without using the Salesforce integration
If your HubSpot account is integrated with Salesforce, lead revisit alerts will be delivered to the sales rep assigned to the lead in your Salesforce account. If you are not integrated with Salesforce, you can use the default property, Contact owner, to automatically trigger lead revisit notifications for your users. This property will pull the owner name and email address from the users in your account.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Contacts.
- Click the name of your unassigned contact.
- In the About card on the left side of the contact record, click View all properties.
- Use the search bar to find the contact owner property. Hover over the owner property and click the pencil edit icon, then select an owner from the dropdown menu.
- Click Save.
To assign owners to multiple contacts at a time, use a workflow or bulk edit the records from the contacts dashboard. To set up owner assignment rules for future contacts, you can also use a workflow.