Please note: visits from IP addresses that you exclude from analytics will still be tracked by the prospects tool.
Small companies and individuals may not have their own IP addresses. In those cases, the prospect will appear as the internet service provider (Comcast, Cox, Verizon, etc.). By default, the prospects tool will filter these prospects out using the Internet service provider | is equal to | false filter. You can remove this by clicking the x on the filter.
The HubSpot tracking code is automatically included on your HubSpot pages. If you are hosting your website on another CMS and have not yet installed the tracking code, install it to begin tracking prospects:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Reports > Analytics Tools.
- In the upper right, click the Actions dropdown menu, then select View tracking code.
- Add the code to your site.
Once the tracking code is added, prospects will appear in the prospects tool as they visit your site.
- To segment your prospects, create filters or use the search bar to search for prospects by keywords, such as state or country.
- To hide a prospect, select the checkbox next to the prospect, then click Hide. Hidden prospects will not appear in the daily email.
- To favorite a prospect, click the star icon favorite next to the prospect. This will add the prospect to your Favorites filter, which you can use to set up prospect notifications.
- To add a prospect as a company record in your database, click the plus icon + to the right of the company name. You can also add multiple prospects at once by selecting the checkboxes to the left and clicking + Add to database.
- To customize the columns in the prospects tool, in the upper right, click the Actions dropdown menu, then select Edit columns. In the dialog box, select the checkboxes next to the properties you want to include in your prospects tool, then click Save.
- To see additional details about a prospect, click the company name.
- To access the company's LinkedIn profile, click View in LinkedIn.
- To create a record for this company, click Add a company.
- To open the company's website in another tab, in the Domain field, click the external link icon externalLink.
- To see similar companies in the industry, scroll to the Related companies section. Click a company name to access the company's website.
Set up prospects notifications
With the prospects tool, you and your team members can receive email notifications related to website visit activity. There are two types of notifications for prospects:
- Daily email: receive a daily summary of the companies in this view that visited your site.
- Revisit notifications: get a notification when a company in this view visits your site.
In addition to prospect notifications, you can also enable lead revisit notifications in your sales email extension settings.
Enable prospect notifications
In your HubSpot account, navigate to Reports > Analytics Tools.
- Your notifications will apply to the currently selected filter. Click Saved filters to select an existing filter or click Add filter to create a new filter.
- In the upper right, click the Actions dropdown menu, then select Manage Notifications.
- In the dialog box, click to toggle the Daily Email and/or Revisit notifications switches on. If you're an Admin, you can also subscribe your team members to notifications by clicking the Team notifications tab. For each notification type, click the Subscribe team members dropdown menu and select your team members.
- Click Save.
You can manage your personal prospects notifications in Profile & Preferences.
- In your HubSpot account, click your account name in the top right corner, then click Profile & Preferences.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Notifications > HubSpot.
- In the Alerts section, customize your preferences. To disable the notifications, clear the Daily email checkbox if you no longer want to receive an email summary and/or clear the Notifications checkbox to disable the instant revisit notifications.
View revisit notifications in the activity feed
To view lead revisit notifications in your activity feed, enable these notifications in your extension settings.
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Integrations > Email Integrations.
- Click the HubSpot Extensions tab.
- In the Extension settings section, click the Lead Revisit Notifications dropdown menu and select an option.
- Disable notifications: select this option to turn revisit notifications off.
- All HubSpot contacts: select this option to send yourself lead revisit alert notifications for every contact in your account.
- Only leads I own: select this option to send yourself lead revisit alert notifications only for the leads that are assigned to you.
As soon as your leads start visiting your site, you can review these notifications in the activity feed.