Within an Attribution Report, the score represents the value of a touchpoint leading to Contact conversions. The score displayed in the 'Score / 100' column for each touchpoint is calculated based on a weighted value of points assigned to Contacts. Touchpoints with higher scores are considered more valuable and were touched by the most Contacts.
Calculating the score:
- The score is first calculated by finding the total number of unique Contacts that were assisted by the report. This total will display under the ‘% of Contacts’ column.
- The 100 available points are then divided among the total number of Contacts to determine the point value for each Contact. If a report has 20 unique Contacts, 100 points / 20 Contacts = 5.0 points per Contact. This means that each Contact has a maximum of 5.0 points to attribute to the channels it touched before conversion.
- If a Contact is only assisted by a single touchpoint, then all of its points will be counted towards that score.
- If a Contact is assisted by multiple touchpoints, then the Contact's points will be distributed among all of their interactions.
- The score for each touchpoint is the sum of points received from all Contacts that interacted before conversion.
Example Attribution Report:
Calculating the score in the example report:
The above Attribution report is using an attribution model of 'All interactions' based on the channel, 'URL'. There are 3 unique Contacts that were assisted in this report. The amount of points for each Contact is: 100 points / 3 Contacts = 33.3 points per Contact.
Contact A: The Contact did not view any URLs before converting.
0 views, ‘No visit data prior to Create Date’ = 33.3 points
Contact B: The Contact viewed 1 URL before converting.
1 view of "fifthseasonadventure.com/about-us" = 33.3 points
Contact C: The Contact viewed 10 URLs before converting. 33.3 points / 10 views = ~3.33 points per interaction.
2 views of "fifthseasonadventure.com/about-us" (3.33 + 3.33) = 6.7 points
1 view of "blog.fifthseasonadventure.com" = 3.3 points
2 views of "fifthseasonadventure.com/contact" (3.3 + 3.3) = 6.7 points
1 view of "fifthseasonadventure.com/winter-trips-2014" = 3.3 points
1 view of "offers.fifthseasonadventure.com/create-a-trip" = 3.3 points
3 views of "fifthseasonadventure.com/faqs" (3.33 + 3.33 + 3.33) = 10.0 points
Note: The score is calculating slightly differently for the simple decay model. Instead of equal points attributed to each channel, the points are distributed on a decay of the six most recently viewed pages, starting with the most recent at 50%, 25%, 12.5%, 6.25%, 3.125%, and 1.563%. Learn more about how the score is calculated for this model.