With a single object report, you can analyze an object, such as contacts, in relation to its object properties. For example, use a single object report to view a breakdown of contacts by lifecycle stage and annual revenue.
Single object reports can be built for the following objects:
- Line items
- Feedback submissions
- Custom objects (Enterprise only)
Please note: the number of custom reports you can create depends on your subscription. Learn more about reporting subscription limits in the HubSpot Product & Services Catalog.
To create a single object report:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Reports > Reports.
- In the upper right, click Create report.
- Click Single object.
- Select the object you want to report on, then click Next.
- At the top, click your report's name to edit it.
- In the left panel, click Add [object type] Property to browse and select the properties you want to report on.
- After selecting these properties, in the left panel, drag and drop properties to reorder the columns in the table on the right.
- To remove a property, click the x next to its name.
- In the upper left, click Filters to segment the records that appear in your report. You must add at least one filter to your report for data to appear.
- Click Add filter and browse or search for the property you want to use to filter your report, then set the criteria. This report uses AND logic to filter records, so all filters must be true for the object to appear in the report.
- If you're reporting on deal amounts and have multiple currencies, you can add a Currency property filter to view deals with a specific currency.
- Click the Visualization tab to customize the appearance of your report.
- In the left panel, select a chart type. The available options depend on the object type you've selected.
- In the Configure chart section, drag and drop properties into the Displaying section to add them to your chart. You must select a date property or a property that gives a specific count to plot your data.
- In the upper right, click the Frequency dropdown menu and select a time internal. If you select Weekly, a week in the report starts on Monday.
- If you've selected a line or area chart with a date property as a report measure, you can compare the current data set with a goal or a previous time period. In the upper right, click the Display options dropdown menu.
- To compare your data with a static number goal for each month, select Include monthly report goal and enter the monthly goal in the Goal field.
Please note: to report on Goals in your HubSpot account, the user creating the report must have a paid seat.
- To compare your data with existing goals you've set related to the data in your report, select Include [measurement] goal.
- To compare your data with a previous time period, click the Comparison dropdown menu and select the date range you'd like to compare the current data to. The options displayed here depend on date property filters you've set.
- If you are reporting on deals, have multiple currencies in your account, and have selected the Amount in company currency property, the Closed amount in company currency property, or the Forecast amount in company currency property, amounts will appear in the company currency by default. Click the Currency dropdown menu to convert amounts to another one of your currencies.
- To receive a file with your report's data, click Export in the upper right. In the dialog box, select the File type, and click Export.
Please note: the export will only include the properties that have been added to the Selected properties section of the Data tab.
- When you're done with your report, click Save to add it to your list of saved reports.