When creating a custom contact property in HubSpot, it's important to keep in mind what type of information you want this contact property to collect and store - this will determine what you choose as the field type for this property.
Below is a list of all contact property field type options available when creating a custom contact property in either the HubSpot Marketing or HubSpot Sales tools:
- Single Line text - Single line text properties can contain a string of any alphanumeric characters, such as a word, a phrase, or a sentence.
- Multi-line text - Multi-Line text properties can contain several strings of alphanumeric characters, such as a paragraph or list of items.
- Dropdown select - Drop-down selects contain several specific options and the visitor is limited to selecting only one of the options.
- Radio select (Select a single option) - Radio selects act the same way as drop-down selects, but appear differently in forms. They also contain several concrete options and the visitor can select only one of the options.
- Checkboxes (Select multiple options) - Checkboxes contain several specific options that are usually related. You might be used to seeing these fields with the help text "Check all that apply."
- Single checkbox - Single checkboxes only have two options: on or off. They are typically used if you are integrated with Salesforce and need a field that is either checked or unchecked.
- Number - Number fields can contain any string of numerals or numbers written in decimal or scientific notation.
- File upload - File upload fields are used to allow visitors to upload files and provide you with a link through a form submission. The uploaded file's link is available from the individual's contact record.
- Date picker - Date picker fields are used to allow visitors to input a specific date in a standard format that can be segmented on.