When you copy text from a desktop rich-text editor such as Microsoft Word, the application attempts to copy the formatting as well. When you paste this into a website rich text editor, this editor adds additional markup to text's code that can create strange formatting issues.
You can strip this formatting out of your text, by first pasting it into a plain text editor application:
- In Word, select all the text to highlight it and select Copy.
- Open up Notepad (or similar plain text editor, TextWrangler is a good equivalent for Mac and is easily available in the App Store.)
- Paste your text into Notepad.
- In Notepad, select all the text to highlight it and select Copy.
- Paste your text into the HubSpot Content Module.
- Do your formatting within the Content Module using the options available in the WYSIWYG editor.
Alternatively, if you are comfortable editing HTML, click the <> icon in the HubSpot rich-text editor and remove any wrapping tags that are altering the formatting.