Follow the instructions below to install the Contact Form Builder for WordPress – Conversion Tools by HubSpot, and begin tracking activity on your WordPress pages within HubSpot.
Please note: the original "HubSpot for WordPress" plugin will no longer be supported and will be deprecated by the end of 2018. If you are currently using the HubSpot for WordPress plugin, skip to the instructions below to deactivate it before installing and activating the Contact Form Builder for WordPress - Conversion Tools by HubSpot.
Before you install the plugin, make sure you meet the requirements below:
- You must have WordPress version 3.0 or higher installed on your server (the latest version is recommended).
- The wp_footer function must be included in your WordPress theme’s footer file (footer.php). This function is required for the tracking code to be installed on every page of your site.
- You must be a WordPress admin to install plugins for your site. If you are not the admin, you can forward the instructions below to the person who manages your WordPress install.
Install the plugin
- Log in to WordPress.
- If you are currently using the HubSpot Tracking Code for WordPress, you need to deactivate the old plugin before installing this plugin:
- On the sidebar on the left side, click Plugins.
- Locate the HubSpot Tracking Code for WordPress and click Deactivate.
- Once the plugin is deactivated, navigate to Plugins > Add New.
- Search for the Contact Form Builder for WordPress - Conversion Tools by HubSpot plugin.
- Click Install Now.
- Click Activate Plugin.
- In the left sidebar menu, select HubSpot.
- If you haven't set up your HubSpot account yet, you will be prompted to create an account. If you are already a HubSpot user, click Log in to your account to finish the installation process.
If you are using the original HubSpot for WordPress plugin, you will need to deactivate it before installing the Contact Form Builder for WordPress – Conversion Tools by HubSpot. TheContact Form Builder for WordPress – Conversion Tools by HubSpot does not include a built-in shortcode feature for embedding forms and CTAs. Instead, you can embed HubSpot forms and CTAs directly on your pages and posts. Deactivating the plugin without removing shortcodes will cause any shortcode forms and CTAs to not render.
First, remove any form shortcodes:
- In the WordPress sidebar, navigate to HubSpot > Shortcodes.
- Check to see if you have form embeds saved in fields next to shortcodes. If so, locate the pages on your site where the shortcodes are in use.
- Remove the shortcode (ex: [hs_form id="0"]) and paste the form embed code directly into the Text view of the editor.
- Update your page or post.
Next, remove any CTA shortcodes:
- In the WordPress sidebar, navigate to Calls to Action.
- Check to see if you have CTAs saved in WordPress. If so, locate the pages on your site where the shortcodes are in use.
- Remove the shortcode (ex: [hs_action id="0"]) and paste the CTA embed code directly into the Text view of the editor.
- Update your page or post.
- In the WordPress sidebar, click Plugins > Installed Plugins.
- Under HubSpot for WordPress, click Deactivate.