As your team grows, so does the work it takes for your projects to get done: planning campaigns, assigning tasks, ensuring deliverables are on time, and so on. HubSpot projects allows you to plan and organize all of your team's work in one place via structured lists of tasks.
In your HubSpot Marketing Hub Basic, Professional, or Enterprise account, navigate to Marketing > Planning and Strategy > Projects.
In the All Tasks tab, you'll see every task that's been created for all of your projects. The associated project will appear below the name of each task. Use the filters at the top to filter tasks based on assignee, status, and due date.
In the All Projects tab, you'll find a quick agenda of tasks and projects that you're working on, that you've added from Project Templates, or that have been shared with you by one of your team members.
Use the left sidebar menu to navigate between existing projects or create a new project. Click Create project to create a new project from scratch or click Create from template to view the project template library.
Click Show project details at the upper right to:
- Assign the project to yourself or another user on your team using the Assignee dropdown
- Select a Due date for the project
- Add project notes and @-mention other users on your team in the Description
- Attach a HubSpot asset (blog post, email, landing page, or website page) or file to the project
- Create a template from the project, archive, or delete the project in the Project actions dropdown
Click a task in the project to:
- Assign the task to yourself or another user on your team using the Assignee dropdown
- Select a Due date for the task
- Add task notes and @-mention other users on your team in the Description
- Attach a HubSpot asset (blog post, email, landing page, or website page) or file to the task
- Leave a comment and @-mention other users on your team in Discussion
- Delete the task by clicking Delete task at the bottom right
Please note: when assigning a project or task to a user, you can only select users who have been given Marketing access in your account. Learn more about HubSpot user permissions.
To edit the order of your tasks in a project, click and drag a task to a new location.
There are three types of project templates: personal templates, which are accessible only in one account; tempates that can be shared across multiple accounts that you have access to; and templates that are global and available for any HubSpot user with access to the projects tool.
To begin using an existing project template, click the Project Templates tab. Click View Template, then click Copy to My Projects.
Create a project template
To create a new project template from an existing project, navigate to the project and click Show project details. Click the Project actions dropdown at the bottom right and select Create template from this project.
To create a new project template from scratch, click the Project Templates tab, then click Create project template in the upper right.
Share a project template with another account
To share your project template, first ensure that you've created a template from the project. Next, click the Project Templates tab and locate your template, then click View template. Click Show project details in the upper right, then click the Project actions dropdown at the bottom right and select Share with another Hub ID.
In the dialog box, enter the Hub ID of the other HubSpot account and the email address of the user, then click Share Template. That user will receive an email prompting them to accept the template, and you'll also receive an update email stating that the invitation was successful.
What notifications does projects send?
You'll receive email and in-app notifications when another user on your team does any of the following:
- @-mentions you in a task or project description or task discussion
- leaves a comment in the discussion section of a task you created or were assigned
- assigns you a project or task