Reference fields are sent from Salesforce to HubSpot as an 18-digit ID, not the label that you see in Salesforce. While HubSpot is unable to automatically pull in these labels, you can map the reference field to a new custom dropdown property that you create in HubSpot. To learn how to create a custom field mapping, check out this article.
Once your mapping has been created, you can manually edit the labels of the dropdown options for the property in HubSpot when new values are created in Salesforce.
- Navigate to Properties:
- In your HubSpot Marketing Professional or Enterprise account, navigate to Contacts > Contacts Settings.
- In your HubSpot Sales Professional account, click Contacts in the main navigation bar. Click the Customize dropdown menu and select Edit properties.
- Identify and hover over the property used in the mapping, then click Edit.
- Scroll down to Dropdown options. The Internal Value column will show the 18-digit ID from Salesforce.
- Edit the Label for the dropdown option(s) to match the value(s) that appear in Salesforce.
- Click Save at the bottom left. You'll now be able to use these reference fields to segment based on the labels, instead of the IDs.
Please note: this method requires ongoing maintenance. If a new value is added to the Salesforce reference field, you'll need to manually edit the label of the corresponding option in the HubSpot property.