The bulk scheduling feature in HubSpot's social publishing tool allows you to organize your social posts in advance, making it easier for you and your team to coordinate campaigns, improve your reach, and scale your social media marketing.
- Bulk scheduling is available for Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- There is a limit of 200 posts per bulk upload.
- At this time, it is not possible to bulk upload images or videos with your social posts. You will need to manually edit each social post once uploaded to HubSpot to attach an image or video.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Social. The Publishing tab will be selected by default.
- In the upper right, click Schedule in bulk.
Prepare your bulk scheduling import file
- In the dialog box, click Download Excel import template (Recommended) to download a customized and interactive template with a date column pre-populated based on your custom social publishing schedule. Alternatively, click Download CSV import template to download a generic template.
- Open the downloaded import template file on your device. There are five main columns in the import template files:
- Account: the social account where you want the post published. If you're using the Excel template file, you can select an account from the dropdown menu in the column cells. This field is required.
- Date: dates must entered in the format "mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm". For example, "3:00 PM on April 15, 2018" would be formatted as "04/15/2018 15:00". You can use formulas to calculate your date fields, and HubSpot will use the derived value of the formula. This field is required.
- Message: the actual content of your post. This field is required.
- Link: the URL that you are sharing in your post. All links will be shortened automatically. This field is optional, as you can also include your link in the message column (as part of your post), or publish a post with no link at all.
- Campaign: the campaign to associate with your post. Match the spelling and capitalization of an existing campaign to associate it or enter a new campaign name to have that campaign created in HubSpot. If you're using the Excel template file, you can select a campaign from the dropdown menu in the column cells. This field is optional.
- These columns can be in any order in the file you upload, but they must be present on the first page of your spreadsheet. Any information included on other pages or in other columns will be ignored.
- When you're done adding your social posts, save your template file and navigate back to HubSpot.
Please note: you must save your template as an XLS or XLSX file if your social post(s) include accented characters (e.g. in German or French) or non-Latin symbols (e.g. in Japanese).
Upload your bulk scheduling import file
- In the dialog box, click Select a file or drag and drop your import template file into the Upload CSV/Excel File box.
- In the bottom left, click Upload.
Review your uploaded social posts
- Once your import template file has been uploaded and processed, you'll be redirected to the Uploaded tab in the social publishing tool.
- Review your uploaded social posts, then click Schedule x posts to schedule them for publishing.
- You can also click Move all to drafts to keep editing the posts in HubSpot, or click Cancel upload to delete the uploaded posts.