Set up ticket automation to keep your ticket statuses up-to-date in HubSpot. This helps service representatives understand the next action to take with a ticket.
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Service > Tickets.
- In the Select a pipeline to modify section, click the name of the default pipeline and select the pipeline you want to automate.
- Click the Automation tab.
- Create tickets for new conversations: click to toggle the switch on to trigger ticket creation every time an email enters the conversations inbox. The setting for this can be dictated by your inbox settings, so if the switch is greyed out, click Manage inbox settings to update this setting.
- Change ticket status on outbound mail: click to toggle the switch on to trigger a status change when an email is sent to a contact from the ticket record, then click the dropdown menu to select the ticket status to change to.
- Change ticket status on inbound reply: click to toggle the switch on to trigger a status change when a contact replies to an email sent from the ticket record, click the dropdown menu to select the ticket status to change to .
- For emails sent to the contact, the ticket status only changes automatically if the user sends the email from the ticket record. If the email was sent from the contact record, status automation will not trigger.
- For replies from a contact, the ticket status will only change if the customer replies to the same thread the ticket was created on. Any other emails sent by the contact will not trigger the ticket status to change.
- To trigger additional actions , in the Trigger actions when tickets reach certain statuses section, click the plus icon add to create a ticket-based workflow for a specific ticket status.
- In the right panel, select the actions to occur when a ticket enters the specific status.