Set up ticket automation to keep your ticket statuses up-to-date in HubSpot. This helps service representatives understand the next action to take with a ticket.
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Service > Tickets.
- In the Tickets pipelines and statuses section, click Edit next to the pipeline you want to automate.
- Click the Automation tab.
- In the Updates section, you can automate the updates to a ticket status.
- Change ticket status when an email is sent to a customer: select the checkbox, and click the Ticket status dropdown menu to select the ticket status to change to when an email is sent to a contact from the ticket record.
- Change ticket status when a customer replies to an email: select the checkbox, and click the Ticket status dropdown menu to select the ticket status to change to when a contact replies to an email sent from the ticket record.
- For emails sent to the contact, the ticket status only changes automatically if the user sends the email from the ticket record. If the email was sent from the contact record, status automation will not trigger.
- For replies from a contact, the ticket status will only change if the customer replies to the same thread the ticket was created on. Any other emails sent by the contact will not trigger the ticket status to change.
- To trigger additional actions , in the Trigger actions when tickets reach certain stages section, click the plus icon add to create a ticket-based workflow for a specific ticket status.
- In the right panel, select the actions to occur when a ticket enters the specific stage.