Navigate to social publishing
In your HubSpot Marketing Hub Basic, Professional, or Enterprise account, navigate to Marketing > Social > Publishing.
Click Schedule in bulk at the top right hand corner of the page.
Download your customized sample bulk scheduling file
For best results, download and use the customized template file provided for you in your account. You can download this by clicking on the Download Excel import template (Recommended) link in the pop-up window. The customized template has a date column pre-populated based on your own personal Social Media Publishing Schedule. So it actually is customized for you and your marketing. Or, you can choose Download CSV import template.
There are five main columns in the downloadable template file: Account, Date, Message, Link, and Campaign.
- Account - The social account where you want the message published. If you are using the customized template file, you can choose your account from a dropdown in the file. This field is required.
- Date - Dates must entered in the format “mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm.” So for example, if you want to enter “3:00 PM on April 8, 2014,” you’d type “04/08/2014 15:00.” You can even use fancypants formulas to calculate your date fields. The HubSpot software will just use the derived value of the formula. Anything else (concatenating fields from other columns, for instance) might be a bit dicey. This field is required.
- Message - The message is the actual text of your tweet. This field is required.
- Link - The link is the URL that you are sharing in your tweet. All links will be shortened automatically. This field is optional, as you might choose to include your link in the message column (as part of your message), or to compose a tweet with no link at all.
- Campaign - Associate your tweets with a campaign name to help organize and track your work. Match the spelling and capitilization of an existing campaign to associate them or enter a new campaign name to have that campaign created in HubSpot. This field is optional.
These columns can be in any order in the file you upload, but they must be present on the first page of your spreadsheet. Any information included on other pages or in other columns will be ignored.
Upload your spreadsheet of social media messages
Drag your file into the Upload CSV/Excel File section or click the Select a file button to select the spreadsheet that you want to upload from your computer. Now choose your spreadsheet file from your documents.
Click the Upload button to finish scheduling your social messages. If you accidentally upload a spreadsheet with messages that were scheduled in the past, we will not post those.