Personalizing your content allows you to enhance your engagement with your known contacts. However, some of your contacts may not have a value for the personalization token property you've inserted into your content. You can set default values that will appear in the place of the personalization token if contacts don't have a value for that property:
- Navigate to Content > select Email, Landing Pages, or Website Pages depending on the type of content you'd like to edit.
- Locate the specific email or page you're looking to edit > click on the name of the page or email > select Edit. In the case you're looking to create a page instead, click on Create a new landing page (or Create a new website page), or if you wish to create a new email click on Create new email.
- Click on the text module in which you are looking to add personalization.
- Next, go to Insert within the module's WYSIWYG menu > select Insert Personalization Token.
- Depending on the content you're looking to personalize, select from either the Contact, Company, or HubSpot Owner categories. Please note default values cannot be set on the Office Location category.
- Search and select the token you would like to add to your content.
- Enter a default value > click Save > Insert.
Default values can also be assigned to Email Personalization Tokens from Content Settings as well.
- Navigate to Content > Content Settings > Email > Personalization.
- If you would like the token to be selectable for personalization in the Email From Name and/or Email Reply To fields, tick the boxes next to them. Note that in order to select the Email Reply To personalization option, an email address must be entered as the Default Value.
- Click Save Changes.
Please note: these default values will apply to the personalization tokens wherever they appear and cannot be set on a per-email or per-page basis.