An attribution report analyzes the interactions that led to specific conversion on your website. Each attribution report is based on a contact date property used to define a conversion on your website. Using this report, you can analyze what pages, referrers, or sources contributed to this conversion over time. Learn more about how marketers use attribution reports.
Create a new attribution report
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Reports > Reports.
- Click Create custom report, then click Attribution Report.
- Click the pencil edit iiicon to name your report.
Choose your dataIn the Data tab, you'll see a list of all the data included in your attribution report. Your data will update to reflect your attribution report filters:
- List: choose a specific list of contacts for your report. By default the report will be set up to report on All contacts.
- Date property: choose any date property to analyze attribution for a specific conversion on your site. By default, the report will use the Create Date property to analyze a contact's first conversion on a form.
- Date range: choose a specific timeframe for your report. By default, the report will be set up to report on interactions from All time.
Choose the metric for your visualization
- Click the Visualization tab to customize your attribution report.
- In the Choose chart type section, click on the chart you want to use for your data visualization.
- Use the Metric dropdown menu to choose a metric to show in your data visualization:
- Contacts assisted: the number of contacts that viewed your website through a particular touch point before converting. For the All Interactions, First and Last, or Simple Decay attribution methods, contacts can be assisted by multiple touch points. For the other models, contacts are assisted by a single touch point. This number includes conversions that occur on the attributed page itself.
- % of contacts: the percentage of the total number of contacts assisted by the attribution object in your report. For the All Interactions, First and Last, or Simple Decay attribution methods, contacts can be assisted by multiple touch points. As a result, adding together the values in the % of Contacts column may exceed 100%.
- Score / 100: the score is calculated out of 100 points that are evenly distributed across all the contacts assisted by the objects in your report. If a contact's influenced by more than one object, their score gets divided among these objects. With the simple decay attribution model, more recent objects get a higher percentage of this score.
Please note: no matter what metric you choose for your chart, you'll still see data for all three of these metrics in your report.
Choose your attribution object
- Use the Attribution object dropdown menu to choose an object to analyze in this attribution report:
- URL: the URL of pages on your website that contributed to the conversion.
- Referrer: the referring URLs of external pages that brought visitors to your website for the conversion.
- Source: the source of the contact's visit to your website that led to the conversion.
Choose your attribution model
An attribution model is the set of rules for assigning credit to the touch points in a contact's conversion path. Each attribution report has a total of 100 points, which are evenly divided among all the contacts in your report. The attribution model you choose will determine how the score is calculated for your contacts. For example, in a First Touch report, 100% of the credit (points) is given to the first page viewed in the contact's conversion path.
- Use the Attribution model dropdown menu to choose one of the following:
- All interactions: All touch points in the conversion path share equal credit for the conversion. In this attribution model, the score for each contact is divided equally among each URL, referring URL, or source that the contact interacted with leading up to the conversion.
- First touch: The first page or source from the first visit to your site receives 100% of the score for each contact.
- Last touch: The page or source that brought the contact to your site for the visit where they converted receives 100% of the score for each contact.
- Last interaction: The last page view or source that led directly to the conversion. In this attribution model, 100% of the score for each contact will count toward that page or source.
- First and last interaction: The first and last touch points in the conversion path each receive 50% of the credit for the conversion. In this attribution model, the score for each contact will be divided equally between each page or source.
- Simple decay: The last six interactions leading up to the conversion. With this model there is more weight given to more recent pages. The points for each contact are distributed starting with the most recent at 50%, 25%, 12.5%, 6.25%, 3.125%, and 1.563%.
View your report
- Once you've chosen all your filters, click Run report. You'll see your data and a visualization of your chosen metric.
- You can continue to adjust any filters to update your report. If you adjust the Attribution model type, you'll need to run your report change how the data is calculated.
- To share your report, you can click Export.
- Use the File type dropdown menu to choose a file type for your report.
- Enter an email address in the email address to receive this file text field.
- Once you're done building your report, click Save in the upper right.