The Sales Analytics tool gathers the most relevant sales reports to help sales managers and their team members to understand better how the team is performing. These reports are derived from the values of certain default deal properties and deal pipeline settings.
View, select, and save a sales report
To save a sales report:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Reports > Analytics Tools.
- Click Sales Reports.
- In the left sidebar menu, select the topic you want to analyze and select the report you want to work with. Learn more about these reports below.
- Once you've selected your report, you can read the question the report attempts to answer and the report's description to understand it better.
- For certain reports, you can select the Totals tab to view the data in totality, or select the Over time tab to view the data based on date.
- You can then use the Group by and Pipeline dropdown menus to further filter the data, and click the Date range dropdown menu to limit the data to a certain time frame.
- If you want to filter the data further, click Add custom filters and in the right panel, select your filter criteria.
- Once you've customized the report for your analysis, click Save report in the upper right to save this to your reports list, or add it to a dashboard. If the report require further tweaks, click Edit in builder to further customize the report.
Types of sales reports
Currently, the Stage probability weighted forecast report is the only forecasting report. It shows the forecasted revenue of your deal per user or per team.For each deal in the date range you've selected, HubSpot takes the value in the Amount property and multiplies it by the probability based on the deal stage the deal is in. HubSpot sums up these values based on sales representative or team, based on your selection in the Group by dropdown menu.
Goals & Quota
Currently, the Quota attainment report is the only report in this category. It shows the total revenue closed on deals by your reps and teams against the goals you set for them.
The total revenue is the sum of the values in the Amount property in the deals. HubSpot splits this by sales representative or team based on your selection in the Group by dropdown menu. HubSpot then displays these values against the goal set for each sales representative or each team.
These reports cover specific metrics with your deal stages within the date range you've selected.
- Deal change history: this report shows changes made to the deals' stages, amounts, and close dates. It also shows you the deals that were created.
- Deal funnel: this funnel report shows the number of deals in the deal stages of the pipeline you selected and the conversion rate between each deal stage.
- Deal pipeline waterfall: this waterfall report shows you the starting total amount, the ending total amount, and the changes in between split into different source categories (i.e., where the change was derived from). These categories are:
- Created: the total amount from the deals created during the pipeline change period.
- Pulled: the total amount from deals that moved from another close date period to the close date period selected.
- Decreased: the net decrease in the amounts from deals in the close date period selected.
- Increased: the net increase in the amounts from deals in the close date period selected
- Pushed: the total amount from deals that were moved from the close date period selected to another close date period.
- Lost: the total amount from deals that were lost during the close date period selected.
- Won: the total amount from deals that were won during the close date period selected
- Deal push rate: this report shows you the number of deals whose close date changed and remained the same per owner, team, or deal stage.
- Pipeline historical snapshots: this report shows the number of deals at certain points in time split into different categories (e.g., pipeline stage, deal size), depending on the tab you select.
- Time spent in deal stage: this report shows the average time deals spend in a stage, grouped by rep or team. Only deals that have a Close date value in the selected date range and are in the selected pipeline are included in the report.
These reports cover sale activities within the date range you've selected. The Sales Team Productivity analytics tool also helps you with understanding sales activity carried out by your users..
- Activities: this report shows the activities of your users. The activities can include calls, meetings, tasks, emails and notes.
- Call outcomes: this report shows the calls made and the call outcomes of your users or teams.
- Contacts not worked: this report shows the number of contacts are not worked (i.e., not engaged, based on the Contact unworked default property) split by owner or team.
- Conversations: this report shows the number of chat conversations made per user or team on live chat or Facebook Messenger.
- Deals created: this report shows the number of deals created per user or team.
- Tasks completed: this report shows the number of tasks created, split by the task status (i.e., Not started, or Completed) and the user or team.
- Team activity timeline: this report shows the activities done by your team chronologically.
These reports cover the outcome of your deals within the date range you've selected.
- Average deal size: this report shows the average deal amount across the deals per deal owner or team.
- Deal loss reasons: this report shows the number of deals in a closed-lost stage and the respective value in each deal's Closed lost reason property, per deal owner or team.
- Deal revenue by source: this report shows the total amount from deals by owner or team, split by the deal's original source.
- Deal velocity: this report shows the average number of days deals take to close by user or team. The deals taken into consideration are those with close dates within the date range you've selected.
- Deals won & lost: the report shows the number of deals won and lost by user or team.
- Historical bookings: the report shows the amount won per user or team in the date range you selected.