Create sales reports with the sales analytics tool
Last updated: June 17, 2021
|Sales Hub Professional, Enterprise|
The Sales Analytics tool has the most relevant sales reports to help sales managers and their team members to understand better how they are performing. These reports are derived from the values of certain default deal properties and deal pipeline settings.
View, select, and save a sales analytics report
To save a sales report:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Reports > Analytics Tools.
- Click Sales Analytics.
- In the left sidebar menu, click the topic you want to analyze to expand the available reports.
- Select the report you want to work with. Learn more about these reports below.
- A preview of the report is shown in the middle panel. Different reports have different tabs to view the data in different ways. For example:
- To read about and understand the report you selected and its tabs better, click the About this report tab in the right panel.
- To filter your data, use the dropdown menus on the Filters tab in the right panel. This varies depending on the report you selected, but they include:
- Date range by: filters the records that are within this date, based on their property values. The date property used is stated.
- Group by: segments the records based on their owners or their owners' teams.
- Select reps: filters the records based on their owners.
- Select teams: filters the records based on their owners' teams.
- Pipeline: filters the records based on their deal pipeline.
- To filter your data down further, click Add filters and select your filter criteria.
- To share the report you're working on with other users in your HubSpot account with access to sales analytics, click the Actions dropdown menu and select Copy report URL.
- Once you've customized the report for your analysis, click Save report to save this to your reports list, or add it to a dashboard.
Types of sales reports
Coach Reps & Teams
- Activities: this report shows the activities completed by your users. Activities include calls, meetings, tasks, emails and notes. Meetings and tasks that are not marked as complete will be excluded from the report.
- Call outcomes: this report shows the calls made and the call outcomes of your users or teams.
- Chats: this report shows the number of chat conversations made per user or team on live chat or Facebook Messenger.
- Deals created: this report shows the number of deals created per user or team.
- Lead response time: this report shows the length of time between when a contact is assigned to a user and when the user interacted with the contact. This includes sending an email, making a call, using chat, marking a task as in progress or complete, and meeting start time.
- Meeting outcomes: this report shows the number of meetings per outcome.
- Tasks completed: this report shows the number of tasks created, split by the task status (i.e., Not started, or Completed) and the user or team.
- Team activity timeline: this report shows the activities done by your team chronologically. Activities include tasks, emails, meetings, and calls logged.
- Time spent in deal stage: this report shows the average time deals spend in a stage, grouped by rep or team. Only deals that have a Close date value in the selected date range and are in the selected pipeline are included in the report.
Forecasts & Pipelines
- Deal change history: this report shows changes made to the deals' stages, amounts, and close dates. It also shows you the deals that were created.
- Deal funnel: this funnel report shows the number of deals in the deal stages of the pipeline you selected and the conversion rate between each deal stage.
- Deal pipeline waterfall: this waterfall report shows you the starting total amount, the ending total amount, and the changes in between split into different source categories (i.e., where the change was derived from). These categories are:
- Created: the total amount from the deals created during the pipeline change period.
- Pushed: the total amount from deals that were moved from the close date period selected to another close date period.
- Pulled: the total amount from deals that moved from another close date period to the close date period selected.
- Decreased: the net decrease in the amounts from deals in the close date period selected.
- Increased: the net increase in the amounts from deals in the close date period selected
- Lost: the total amount from deals that were lost during the close date period selected.
- Won: the total amount from deals that were won during the close date period selected
- Deal push rate: this report shows you the number of deals whose close date changed per owner, team, or deal stage.
- Historical snapshots: this report shows the number of deals at certain points in time by category (e.g., deal stage, amount), depending on the tab you select.
Please note: when using the pipeline filter, the report will only show deals currently in that pipeline.
- Manual forecast: this reports show the forecasted revenue per rep based on the forecasting tool.
- Quota attainment: this report shows the total revenue closed on deals by your reps and teams against the goals set out for them.
- Weighted pipeline forecast: for each deal in the date range you've selected, HubSpot takes the value in the Amount property and multiplies it by the probability based on the deal stage the deal is in. HubSpot sums up these values based on sales representative or team, based on your selection in the Group by dropdown menu.
- Average deal size: this report shows the average deal amount across the deals per deal owner or team.
- Deal loss reasons: this report shows the number of deals in a closed-lost stage and the respective value in each deal's Closed lost reason property, per deal owner or team.
- Deal revenue by source: this report shows the total amount from deals by owner or team, split by the deal's original source.
- Deal velocity: this report shows the average number of days deals take to close by user or team. The deals taken into consideration are those with close dates within the date range you've selected.
- Deals won & lost: the report shows the number of deals won and lost by user or team.
Understand 'Original source drill-down' properties
Original source drill-down 1 and Original source drill-down 2 are two analytics properties included on every...Knowledge Base
Understand HubSpot's traffic sources in the traffic analytics tool
When using the Sources tab in the traffic analytics tool, HubSpot categorizes different traffic metrics into...Knowledge Base
Set up site tracking in HubSpot
Once you've installed the HubSpot tracking code, you may need to do some additional setup to ensure that...Knowledge Base