Use anchor links to help your visitors navigate to a specific section of your content without scrolling.
Please note: it's strongly recommended not to use anchor links in emails because anchor tags don't work in all email clients. Anchor links also won't work in the email preview in HubSpot.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to landing pages, website pages, blog or knowledge base.
- Hover over the page, blog post or knowledge base article where you want to add an anchor, then click Edit.
- Click the rich text module to place your cursor in the location where you want to insert the anchor.
- In the rich text toolbar, click the Insert dropdown menu, then select Anchor.
- Give the anchor a name. Anchor names must begin with a letter and may only contain letters, numbers, hyphens, underscores, colons and periods. If you want to use more than one word for your anchor, separate each word with dashes (-). In the example below, the anchor is named book-selection-process. Then, click Insert.
- The anchor will appear as a small grey square. You can drag and drop the anchor divider to move it into a different position on the page.
- Next, create the link that sends the visitor to the section of the page where the anchor was inserted.
- Highlight the text you want to hyperlink in the content body.
- In the rich text toolbar, click the link iconlinkd.
- If the anchor you're linking to is on the same page as your link, enter the # symbol followed by the name of the anchor in the URL field. In the example below, #book-selection-process is entered in the URL field.
- If the anchor you are linking to is on a different page as the link, include the full URL of the page followed by the hashtag symbol # followed by the name of the anchor. For example, http://offers.hubspot.com/product-guide#book-selection-process.
- Click Add link.
- If a visitor clicks this anchor link, they'll be redirected to the section of the page or blog post where the anchor was placed.