When you connect your inbox to HubSpot, you can enable inbox automation to turn on Artificial Intelligence (AI) features.
These features allow HubSpot to process data in email bodies, including email signatures, and metadata of all incoming and outgoing messages in the connected inbox.
Please note: HubSpot will only scan new emails after you enable this setting; it will not scan your past emails.
HubSpot processes this data to power features such as:
- Automatically capturing contact details in the CRM. HubSpot will attempt to read and automatically populate contact properties, such as first name, last name, and phone number. Learn more about which contact properties are populated and how to disable this feature.
- Recommending tasks based on email content. If an email body contains intent to follow-up, HubSpot will flag it as a recommended task in your daily digest emails.
To enable automation for an inbox that's already connected:
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Integrations > Email integrations.
- Under the inbox name, click Advanced options.
- Click to toggle the Inbox Automation switch on.
You can disable inbox automation at any time from your email integration settings. Any recommended tasks and contact details captured by automation will not be deleted if you disable this setting.