Manage your emails
In the Manage tab on your email dashboard, you can:
- Create a new email.
- Navigate through sent, scheduled, drafted, and archived emails - or create new folders for custom email organization.
- Filter by email types and/or campaigns.
- Search for a specific email by name.
- Export your email information.
- View a table of all your most recently edited, created, and sent emails and a quick summary of their performance.
- Edit columns for your table to show information like delivery rate, bounce rate, and spam reports.
- Quick access to more tools, including exporting a list of unsubscribed and bounced contacts, importing an opt-out list, and managing whitelisting.
Analyze your emails
In the Analyze tab on your email dashboard, you can look at engagement with your emails over time to understand what strategies are working well for you, as well as the ones that aren't.
- Create a new email.
- Filter by email types, campaigns, and a specific date range.
- Overview of engagement - click an email type to view different sets of engagement data.
- Charts and graphs displaying engagement data.
- View general performance or engagement over time.
And at the bottom of the Analyze section, you can see individual email performance from the date range you selected at the top.
What are the features of the HubSpot email tool?
Integration with other HubSpot tools
When creating a HubSpot email, you have the ability to easily integrate your other HubSpot content into your email. Any call-to-action you have in HubSpot can be inserted easily into your email, as well as any images or documents you've uploaded to your file manager. Along with the ability to use your content in an email, you are able to utilize your HubSpot contact database to send to targeted lists and personalize your content to a particular contact.
Templates and design
HubSpot provides you with a variety of default templates when you use the email tool. These templates can be customized to fit your design desires with an easy drag-and-drop interface. When creating a template, you can add new modules, remove ones you don't want, and move them where you want them to be. Additionally, HubSpot provides a Template Marketplace where you can buy custom templates for your email. Learn more about creating drag-and-drop templates and creating custom templates.
HubSpot allows you to test what your email will look like on multiple devices and web clients before you send it. HubSpot's email templates also have built-in responsiveness for mobile-friendliness.
List segmentation and personalization
HubSpot's email tool works in tandem with your HubSpot contact database. When creating an email, you have the ability to personalize an email with a personalization token. This token looks into the contact record of the person receiving the email and is able to pull that information from the contact record and place it into your email. Learn more about personalizing your content in HubSpot.
The Analyze tab in your email dashboard displays information about how your email campaigns are performing. Click the different engagement options on the left to look through a variety of data on your email performance.
You can dig even deeper into individual email metrics. After your email is sent, HubSpot will show you the overall performance of that specific email. You can see a breakdown of the engagement rates of your email by open rate, click rate, deliverability, and more.
In the Recipients tab, you can see which contacts the email was sent to and a breakdown of included recipients based on their email engagement. You can use the search bar in the top right corner to look up a specific contact or email address.
Filter your recipients by specific deliverability metrics by clicking an email type in the left sidebar. Click >next to an individual's name to view detailed information about each recorded engagement event.
You can also use the List actions dropdown in the top right corner to add these contacts to a HubSpot list or export these contacts to an Excel file.