To access your Email tool, navigate to Content > Email from your HubSpot Marketing Dashboard.
Manage your emails
You'll be taken to the Manage section of your Email Dashboard. In this area of your dashboard, you can do the following:
1. Create a new email.
2. Navigate through Sent, Scheduled, Drafted, and Archived emails - or create new folders for custom email organization.
3. Filter by email types and/or campaigns.
4. Search for a specific email by name.
5. Export your email information.
6. View a table of all your most recently edited, created, and sent emails and a quick summary of their performance.
7. Edit columns for your table to show information like Delivery rate, Bounce rate, or even Spam reports.
8. Quick access to more tools, including managing your email settings and exporting a list of unsubscribed and bounced contacts.
Analyze your emails
The Analyze section of your Email Dashboard allows you to look at engagement with your emails over time so you can understand what strategies are working well for you, as well as the ones that aren't.
You can navigate through the following information here:
1. Create a new email.
2. Filter by email types, campaigns, and a specific date range.
3. Search for an email by its name.
4. Overview of engagement - click on each of these modules to see different sets of engagement data. These will affect what appears in the graphs below.
5. This area is where your graphs will display when you change what data you're looking at from the selections above.
6. For your Overview, you can look at general Performance or engagement over time.
And at the bottom of the Analyze section, you can see individual email performance from the date range you selected at the top.
To learn more about using this section of your dashboard, check out this article on measuring your email campaign engagement.
What are the features of the HubSpot Email tool?
Below is a list of some of the key features of Email in HubSpot.
Integration with other HubSpot tools
When creating a HubSpot email, you have the ability to easily integrate your other HubSpot content into your email. Any Call-to-Action you have in HubSpot can be inserted easily into your email, as well as any images or documents you've uploaded to your File Manager. Along with the ability to use your content in an email, you are able to utilize your HubSpot contact database to send to targeted lists and personalize your content to a particular contact.
Templates and Design
HubSpot provides you with a variety of default templates when you use the email tool. These templates can be customized to fit your design desires with an easy drag-and-drop interface. When creating a template, you can add new modules, remove ones you don't want, and move them where you want them to be. Additionally, HubSpot provides a Template Marketplace where you can buy custom templates for your email. Later in this guide, you will learn about creating drag-and-drop templates, as well as custom templates.
These days, so many of the people you will be reaching out to are on-the-go and, more often than not, checking their email from their mobile device. HubSpot recognizes it's important to be able to read your email across all devices, which is why HubSpot's email tool has built-in email testing tool. This feature allows you to see what your email will look like on multiple devices and web clients before you send it. HubSpot's email templates also have built-in responsiveness for mobile-friendliness.
List Segmentation and Personalization
HubSpot's Email tool works in tandem with your HubSpot contact database. When creating an email you have the ability to personalize an email with a personalization token. This token looks into the contact record of the person receiving the email and is able to pull that information from the contact record and place it into your email. Want to make sure you are addressing your contact by name? You can do that! You can learn more about personalizing your emails in this article.
Throughout the Email tool, there are places to see how your email marketing campaign is performing, starting directly from your Email Dashboard which is meant to display a view of the results of your emails as a whole or by campaign to help you make future decisions without having to go to Sources or Reporting to see this information. To filter into more specific data, the Analyze section of your Email Dashboard is where you'll want to go. Click around at the engagment modules at the top to look through a variety of data on your email performance.
You can dig even deeper into individual email metrics. After you send an email, HubSpot will show you the overall performance of that specific email send. You can see the engagement rates of your email send, deliverability, contacts lost, engagement over time, opens by device type, and clicks by device type.
You can filter your recipients here by specific deliverability metrics by clicking on the individual tabs for each. You can also create lists of these contacts, export these contacts to an Excel file, or send this email to more contacts.