A user can be added to a team.
When a permission is set to Team only, users can only access records owned by or assigned to users in the team for that specific permissions.
When a user requires access to another team's records or content, an Admin with the Add and edit users permission, or a Super Admin, can assign a user as an extra team member. They'll then be able to access the additional team's records and content with Team only permissions. Extra team members can also access main team members' owned contacts.
When a user is added as an extra team member:
- the user can access the team's records and any content that's set to Team only permissions.
- the user can access main team members' owned records.
- the main team members can access the extra team member's records.
Please note: being an extra team member only allows the user access to the team's records and content. These users will not be included in any team reports, routing rules (e.g., conversation routing rules), team notifications (e.g., form submission email notifications to a team), or workflow rotation actions. They will also not be able to view any custom records views set up for the team.
To assign a user as an extra team member:
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings settings icon in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Users & Teams.
- Click the user you want to assign to an extra team.
- Under the user's name, click the Access tab.
- Click the Extra teams dropdown menu and select the team you want to assign to the user. You can assign up to 100 extra teams per user.
- Click Save. The user will now be part of the extra team, on top of their main team.