Connect your Google Ads account to HubSpot
Last updated: June 1, 2021
|All products and plans|
Connect your Google Ads account to HubSpot to manage your Google ads in HubSpot's ads tool. Once your Google Ads account is connected, HubSpot will display and report on all existing campaigns in that account.
Google Ads connection requirements
- Only individual Google Ads accounts can be connected to HubSpot. Google Ads manager accounts cannot be connected to HubSpot, so any Google Ads account being managed in a manager account should be connected to HubSpot individually.
- If you've installed an ad blocker extension for your browser, make sure you disable it when you connect your Google Ads account and when you're using the HubSpot Ads tool.
- The HubSpot user who connects a Google Ads account must have Publish access to the ads tool in HubSpot.
- The HubSpot user who connects a Google Ads account must have Admin access for that individual account. In your Google Ads account, you can check the access level for any user by clicking the Tools dropdown menu and selecting Account access.
- HubSpot is not able to track or report on Smart Campaigns (formerly Google Express Campaigns). If you've recently created your Google Ads account, it will be in Smart Mode by default. While in Smart Mode, all ads will be created as Smart Campaigns. To check if your account is in Smart Mode:
- Log in to your Google Ads account.
- If the URL begins with ads.google.com/aw/express, then your account is in Smart Mode.
- To switch to Expert Mode, click Tools in the top menu, then select Switch to Expert Mode.
Please note: cancelled Google Ads accounts cannot be connected to HubSpot. If a connected Google Ads account is cancelled, it will be disconnected from HubSpot. An error will show in HubSpot next to any cancelled accounts. Learn more about cancelled accounts and how to reactivate them in Google's documentation.
Connect your Google Ads accountConnect your Google Ads account to HubSpot. If you encounter any errors during the connection process, check out our troubleshooting guide.
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Marketing > Ads.
- In the Accounts tab, click Connect account.
- In the dialog box, select Google Ads. If you have multiple Google Ads accounts, a list of your accounts will appear. Select the account(s) you want to connect to HubSpot, then click Connect.
- In the pop-up window, log in to your Google account using the email address associated with your Google Ads account, then click Allow.
- You'll be redirected back to HubSpot to finish the setup process.
- If your Google account is associated with existing Google Ads accounts, you'll see each of your accounts listed in the dialog box. Select the checkbox next to any ad account you want to connect to HubSpot, then click Connect.
- If you don't have an existing Google Ads account, you can create one from within HubSpot. In the dialog box, configure your account information:
- Enter your ad account name.
- Enter the email address you used to log in to your Google account.
- Select a time zone.
- Select a currency. This currency will be set within your new Google Ads account and cannot be changed later.
- Click Create account.
- Click the Go to your new Google ad account settings and add your billing information link to open a new browser tab and finish setting up your account from within Google Ads.
- After you've added your billing information from your Google Ads account, navigate back to the original tab and click I've added billing information.
All accounts you connected will appear in your Ads Accounts settings in HubSpot.
Once you've connected your Google Ads account, you'll receive an email notifying you that your Google Ads account is linked to the manager account HubSpot Customer MCC. A manager account is a Google account that allows HubSpot to monitor and track advertising performance across users' ads accounts.
Linking your Google Ads account to HubSpot's manager account also allows HubSpot to escalate issues regarding your account to Google, grants you the ability to create audiences for your Google ads in HubSpot's ads tool, and makes you eligible for beta products and other benefits that Google makes available to HubSpot customers.
Linking your Google Ads account to HubSpot's manager account is not necessary for the core contact tracking and reporting functionality in HubSpot's ads tool. Learn how to unlink HubSpot's manager account (HubSpot Customer MCC) from your Google Ads account.
Please note: if your ad account has outstanding billing issues, violations of Google's ad policies, or has been inactive for a long period of time, HubSpot will mark your ad account as Inactive. To fix this issue, you'll need to check your Google Ads account settings and Google's support resources.
Once your Google Ads account is connected, you can also connect additional users so that they can manage and create campaigns for the account. You can also disconnect ad accounts from within your ads settings.
Necessary disclosure: your use of the Google Ads integration is subject to the Google Ads Terms and Conditions. HubSpot will be able to view and manage your account, and will store your Google Ads account number. When you authorize the integration, HubSpot receives a user token with permissions on the connected ad accounts. HubSpot can view but does not store all the ad accounts you have permission for. Google will share settings details (e.g., name, budget, bid strategy, creative) and performance metrics (impressions, clicks, etc.) for all campaigns, ad groups, and ads in the ad accounts you connected.
Facebook lead ads | Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers and general information quickly about Facebook lead ads in HubSpot's ads tool. If you have...Knowledge Base
Troubleshoot ad tracking issues
After you connect your ad account to HubSpot and toggle auto-tracking on, HubSpot will attempt to apply...Knowledge Base
Ad tracking in HubSpot
Set up ad tracking in HubSpot and learn how HubSpot tracks which ads your contacts are clicking and...Knowledge Base