Connect your Google Ads account to HubSpot to manage your Google ads in HubSpot's ads tool. Once your Google Ads account is connected, HubSpot will display and report on all existing ad campaigns in that account.
Google Ads connection requirements
- Only individual Google Ads accounts can be connected to HubSpot. Google Ads manager accounts cannot be connected to HubSpot. Any Google Ads account managed in a manager account should be connected to HubSpot individually.
- Cancelled Google Ads accounts cannot be connected to HubSpot. If a connected Google Ads account is cancelled, it will be disconnected from HubSpot. An error will show in HubSpot next to any cancelled accounts. Learn more about cancelled accounts and how to reactivate them in Google's documentation.
- If you've installed an ad blocker extension for your browser, the extension must be turned off when connecting your Google Ads account and when using the HubSpot Ads tool.
- The HubSpot user connecting the Google Ads account must have the following permissions:
- In HubSpot, the user will need Publish access to the ads tool
- In your Google Ads account, the user will need Admin access for that individual account. You can check the access level for any user by clicking the Tools dropdown menu and selecting Access.
- HubSpot is not able to track or report on Smart Campaigns (previously Google Express Campaigns). If you've recently created your Google Ads account, it will be in Smart Mode by default. While in Smart Mode, all ads will be created as Smart Campaigns. To check if your account is in Smart Mode:
- Log in to your Google Ads account.
- If the URL begins with ads.google.com/aw/express, then your account is in Smart Mode.
- To switch to Expert Mode, click Tools in the top menu, then select Switch to Expert Mode.
Connect your Google Ads account Connect your Google Ads account to HubSpot. If you encounter any errors during the connection process, check out our troubleshooting guide.
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings settings icon in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Marketing > Ads.
- In the Accounts tab, click Connect account.
- In the dialog box, select Google Ads.
- In the pop-up window, log in to your Google account using the email address associated with your Google Ads account, then click Allow.
- If your Google account is associated with existing Google Ads accounts, you'll see each of your accounts listed in the dialog box. In the dialog box, select the checkboxes next to the accounts you want to connect to HubSpot, then click Connect.
- If you don't have an existing Google Ads account, you can create one from within HubSpot:
- In the dialog box, configure your account information:
- Ad account name: enter a name for your ad account.
- Email address: enter the email address you used to log in to your Google account.
- Time zone: select a timezone for your Google ads account.
- Currency: select a currency for your Google ads account. This currency will be set within your new Google Ads account and cannot be changed later.
- Click Create account.
- Click the Go to your new Google ad account settings and add your billing information link to open a new browser tab and finish setting up your account from within Google Ads.
- After you've added your billing information from your Google Ads account, navigate back to the original tab and click I've added billing information.
Review your connected Google ads accounts
After connecting your Google ads account, all accounts you've connected will appear in your Ads Accounts settings in HubSpot. Once your Google Ads account is connected, you can also connect additional users so that they can manage and create ad campaigns for the account. You can also disconnect ad accounts from within your ads settings.
Please note: if your ad account has outstanding billing issues, violations of Google's ad policies, or has been inactive for a long period of time, HubSpot will mark your ad account as Inactive. To fix this issue, you'll need to check your Google Ads account settings and Google's support resources.
Manage your Google ads connection with HubSpot's manager account
Once you've connected your Google Ads account, you'll receive an email notifying you that your Google Ads account is linked to the manager account HubSpot Customer MCC. A manager account is a Google account that allows HubSpot to monitor and track advertising performance across users' ads accounts.
Linking your Google Ads account to HubSpot's manager account allows HubSpot to:
- Escalate issues regarding your account to Google
- Grants you the ability to create audiences for your Google ads in HubSpot's ads tool.
- Makes you eligible for beta products and other benefits that Google makes available to HubSpot customers.
Please also note the following:
Necessary disclosure: your use of the Google Ads integration is subject to the Google Ads Terms and Conditions. HubSpot will be able to view and manage your account, and will store your Google Ads account number. When you authorize the integration, HubSpot receives a user token with permissions on the connected ad accounts. HubSpot can view but does not store all the ad accounts you have permission for. Google will share settings details (e.g., name, budget, bid strategy, creative) and performance metrics (impressions, clicks, etc.) for all campaigns, ad groups, and ads in the ad accounts you connected.