If your Google Ads account isn’t showing up when you try to connect it to HubSpot, or if you see an error during the account connection process, try the following troubleshooting steps.
1. Ensure you’re using the correct Google user
When connecting your Google Ads accounts to HubSpot, Google will try to detect if you're already logged in. If you're already logged in to Google, the user that you're logged in with will be used to authorize the HubSpot connection. This can be an issue if you have multiple accounts or if someone else is logged in to Google on your computer.
To ensure that you’re authorized as the correct Google user:
- Open a new tab in your browser and navigate to Google Ads.
- If you're brought to the sign-in page, log in with the correct user.
- If you’re already signed in, ensure that the email address displayed in the top right corner matches the email address you’d like to use to connect your Google Ads account.
- After logging in with the correct user, navigate back to HubSpot and connect your Google Ads account.
If the account still doesn't appear while connecting, you may need to check your Google Ads permissions.
2. Check your user permissions
To connect a Google Ads account to HubSpot, you need to be an admin in the ad account. To check your ad account permissions in Google:
- Log in to Google Ads and select the ad account you want to connect.
- At the top of the page, click Tools, then select Account access.
- Locate your user in the Users table. In the Access level column, you will see Admin if you are an admin in the account.
- If you don't currently have admin access, you will need to have another admin in the ad account adjust your permissions.
- After confirming that you're an admin in the ad account, navigate back to HubSpot and connect your Google Ads account.
If the account still doesn't appear while connecting, you may need to reset HubSpot's app permissions in Google.
3. Reset HubSpot app permissions
When you connect a Google Ads account, HubSpot requests app permissions from Google. These permissions allow HubSpot to display and report on your ads. If these permissions are edited or removed, it can cause issues in HubSpot's ads tool.
To reset HubSpot's app permissions:
- Disconnect your Google Ads account from all HubSpot accounts that it's connected to.
- Connect the Google Ads account to HubSpot.
With app permissions reset, you should now be able to connect your Google Ads account without error.