If your Google Ads account isn’t showing up when you try to connect it to HubSpot, or if you see an error during the account connection process, you can try the following troubleshooting steps.
Before connecting your Google Ads account or when using the HubSpot Ads tool, ensure that you have disabled any ad blocker extensions on your browser.
Ensure you’re using the correct Google user
When connecting your Google Ads accounts to HubSpot, Google will try to detect whether you're already logged in. If you're already logged in to Google, the user that you're logged in with will be used to authorize the HubSpot connection. This can be an issue if you have multiple accounts or if someone else is logged in to Google on your computer.
To ensure that you’re authorized as the correct Google user:
- Open a new tab in your browser and navigate to Google Ads.
- If you're brought to the sign-in page, log in with the correct user.
- If you’re already signed in, ensure that the email address displayed in the top right corner matches the email address you’d like to use to connect to your Google Ads account.
- After logging in with the correct user, navigate to HubSpot and connect your Google Ads account. If the account still doesn't appear while connecting, you may need to check your Google Ads permissions.
Check your user permissions
To connect a Google Ads account to HubSpot, you need to be an admin in the ad account. To check your ad account permissions in Google:
- Log in to Google Ads and select the ad account you want to connect.
- At the top of the page, click tools and settings. Under Setup, select Access and security.
- In the table, under the Access level column, confirm that your user account is an Admin. If you don't currently have admin access, you will need to have another admin in the ad account to adjust your permissions.
- After confirming that you're an admin in the ad account, navigate back to HubSpot and connect your Google Ads account. If the account still doesn't appear while connecting, you may need to reset HubSpot's app permissions in Google.
Reset HubSpot app permissions
When you connect a Google Ads account, HubSpot will request app permissions from Google. These permissions allow HubSpot to display and report on your ads. If these permissions are edited or removed, it can cause issues in HubSpot's ads tool.
To reset HubSpot's app permissions: