Facebook lead ads allow potential customers to sign up for your offers and give you accurate contact information for follow-up. When someone clicks your lead ad, they'll see a form that’s auto-filled with information they’ve shared with Facebook, like their name, number, and/or email.
After connecting your Facebook Ads account to HubSpot, you can create Facebook lead ads through the HubSpot ads tool. When a visitor submits the lead ad, HubSpot will create a contact record for them, as long as their submission includes an email address. To prevent contacts from being created when they submit a lead ad without the default email field:
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Marketing > Ads.
- Click the Lead syncing tab.
- Click to toggle the Allow submissions without email addresses to create contacts switch off. This setting is enabled by default.
Create and automate lead ads
- Only the user who connected the Facebook Ads account can create lead ads in HubSpot. Other users must create lead ads directly in Facebook.
- If your HubSpot account has exceeded its ad spend limit, you will not be able to create new Facebook lead ads within HubSpot. Instead, you will need to create new lead ads from Facebook.
- Automation is available for lead ads created in both Facebook and HubSpot, but is not available for dynamic lead ads.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Ads.
- Click Create ad campaign, then select socialBlockFacebook Lead generation.
- Click the pencil icon edit at the top of the page to enter a name for your ad.
Set up ad creative and select Facebook formSet up your ad creative and form in the left panel.
- Ad account: select the ad account for the ad you want to set up.
- Facebook page: select the Facebook page for the ad.
- Image/Video: upload an image or video for your ad.
- Text: enter text for your ad.
- Headline: enter a headline for your ad.
- Call-to-action: select a call-to-action for your ad.
When users click on the Call-to-action button on your ad, Facebook will prompt them to fill out a form to provide additional info. Under Facebook form, choose a form that users will submit:
- If you want to use an existing Facebook form from your Facebook page, click the Select a Facebook form dropdown menu, then select one of your Facebook forms.
- To create a new Facebook form:
- Click the Select a Facebook form dropdown menu.
- Click Create a new Facebook form.
- Enter your form name and select your form language.
- Configure your form:
- Choose and reorder the form fields you want users to submit. Click Add form field, then select a form field to include custom form fields, or click Create a new property to create and include a new custom property.
- Select a notice and consent option to keep users informed of how you will use their data, and enter the corresponding text you want to prompt users with. If you want users to agree to multiple consent questions, you can click Add checkbox to add an additional prompt and checkbox.
- Under the Thank you section, you can configure the follow-up text that will appear after users submit your form.
- Click Create.
Please note: once you've created your form, you won't be able to edit it to make additional changes. If you made any mistakes or want to make updates to the form after it's been created, you can create a new form with your desired changes, then select the updated version for your ad.
After you've created your ad and chosen your Facebook form, you can preview your ad in the right panel. Click the left or right buttons to cycle between your ad, form, and thank you section.
Specify targetingAt the top of the page, click the Targeting tab.
- Custom/Saved audience: to select an audience, click Add audience in the right panel. Learn more about the different types of ad audiences and how to create ads audiences in HubSpot.
- Location: select a target location for your ad.
- Interests/Behaviors/Demographics: select the target interests, behaviors, or demographics for your ad.
- Age range: enter a target age range for your ad.
Enter budget and scheduleAt the top of the page, click the Budget & Schedule tab.
- Budget: click the dropdown menu and select whether your budget is for Daily or the Total amount for the ad, and enter the amount.
- Schedule: click the dropdown menus to select the duration of your lead ad.
Set up automationOnce you've selected a Facebook form for your ad, you can configure notifications and create a list for new contacts who submit their info on your form. In the top of the page, click the Automation tab. This step is optional.
- Under the Send new contact notification to section, click to select a user or enter a new email address to receive new contacts who converted on the lead ad.
- Under the Create list of lead ad contacts section, enter a name to create a new list of contacts from your lead ad, then click Create List.
Please note: the users or email addresses that you enter to receive new contact notifications are subscribed to submissions from the form of your ad. If you update your ad in Facebook to use a different form, then you'll need to edit the ad in HubSpot and re-add any previous users or email addresses.
Publish or Save
Once your lead ad is set up, click Publish. Once you've published your ad, you can analyze ad performance from your Ads dashboard.
If you're not done editing your ad, you can save your progress and return to finish your ad later. To save your ad as a draft:
- In the top left, click Exit.
- In the dialog box, click Save and Exit.
- HubSpot will save your drafted ad, which you can resume editing at any time.
To view your current drafted ad campaigns:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Ads.
- In the left sidebar menu, click Drafts.
- To resume editing one of your drafted campaigns, click the campaign name. You can also remove a draft by hovering over the campaign, clicking Delete, and following the confirmation instructions in the dialog box.
Edit your lead ad placement
Lead ads can appear within Facebook, Instagram, Audience networks, and Facebook Messenger. When you create a lead ad in HubSpot, Facebook will automatically optimize the placement. To customize where the lead ad appears, you can edit the ad set in Facebook:
- Log in to your Facebook Ads Manager account.
- In the Campaigns tab, select Edit next to the campaign that you want to edit.
- On the left, select the ad set that you want to edit.
- On the right, scroll down to the Placement section and select Edit placements.