- If your HubSpot account has exceeded its ad spend limit, you will not be able to create new ads within HubSpot. Instead, you will need to create new lead ads from your Facebook Ads Manager or LinkedIn Campaign Manager.
- Automation is available for ads created in both Facebook and HubSpot, but is not available for dynamic lead ads.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Ads.
- Click Create ad campaign, then select a campaign type:
- If you're creating a lead ad campaign, select socialBlockFacebook Lead generation or socialBlockLinkedin Lead Generation.
- If you're creating a website traffic ad campaign, select socialBlockFacebook Website traffic or socialBlockLinkedin Website traffic. You can also create a website traffic ad from one of your HubSpot landing pages:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Website > Landing Pages.
- Click on the name of the landing page you want to create an ad from.
- In the top right, click Promote, then select Create website traffic ad.
- In the right panel, select socialBlockFacebook Facebook or socialBlockLinkedin LinkedIn.
- Click the pencil icon edit at the top of the page to enter a name for your ad.
Set up ad creativeSet up your ad creative and form in the left panel.
- Ad account: select the ad account for the ad you want to set up.
- Facebook page: select the Facebook or LinkedIn page for the ad.
- Campaign: enter a name for the campaign for your ad, or select an existing campaign.
- Website URL: if you're creating a website traffic campaign, you'll need to enter the URL of your website.
- Image/Video: upload an image or video for your ad.
- Text: enter text for your ad.
- Headline: enter a headline for your ad.
- Call-to-action: select a call-to-action for your ad.
If you're creating a lead ad campaign, you'll need to select an existing form to use, or create a new one. When users click on the Call-to-action button on your ad, Facebook or LinkedIn will prompt them to fill out a form to provide additional info. Under Facebook form or LinkedIn form, choose a form that users will submit:
- If you want to use an existing form from your Facebook or LinkedIn page, click the Select a Facebook form or Select a LinkedIn form dropdown menu, then select one of your forms.
- To create a new form:
- Click the Select a Facebook form or Select a LinkedIn form dropdown menu.
- Click Create a new Facebook form or Select a LinkedIn form.
- Enter your form name and select your form language.
- Configure your form:
- Choose and reorder the form fields you want users to submit. Click Add form field, then select a form field to include custom form fields, or click Create a new property to create and include a new custom property.
- Select a notice and consent option to keep users informed of how you will use their data, and enter the corresponding text you want to prompt users with. If you want users to agree to multiple consent questions, you can click Add checkbox to add an additional prompt and checkbox.
- Under the Thank you section, you can configure the follow-up text that will appear after users submit your form.
- Click Create.
Please note: once you've created your form, you won't be able to edit it to make additional changes. If you made any mistakes or want to make updates to the form after it's been created, you can create a new form with your desired changes, then select the updated version for your ad.
After you've created your ad and chosen your form, you can preview your ad in the right panel. Click the left or right buttons to cycle between your ad, form, and thank you section.
Specify targetingAt the top of the page, click the Targeting tab.
- Custom/Saved audience: to select an audience, click Add audience in the right panel. Learn more about the different types of ad audiences and how to create ads audiences in HubSpot.
- Location: select a target location for your ad.
- Interests/Behaviors/Demographics: select the target interests, behaviors, or demographics for your ad.
- Age range: enter a target age range for your ad.
Enter budget and scheduleAt the top of the page, click the Budget & Schedule tab.
- Budget: click the dropdown menu and select whether your budget is for Daily or the Total amount for the ad, and enter the amount.
- Schedule: click the dropdown menus to select the duration of your lead ad.
Set up automationOnce you've selected a form for your ad, you can configure notifications and create a list for new contacts who submit their info on your form. In the top of the page, click the Automation tab. This step is optional.
- Under the Send new contact notification to section, click to select a user or enter a new email address to receive new contacts who converted on the lead ad.
- Under the Create list of lead ad contacts section, enter a name to create a new list of contacts from your lead ad, then click Create List.
Please note: the users or email addresses that you enter to receive new contact notifications are subscribed to submissions from the form of your ad. If you update your ad in Facebook or LinkedIn to use a different form, then you'll need to edit the ad in HubSpot and re-add any previous users or email addresses.
Publish or Save
Once your lead ad is set up, click Publish. Once you've published your ad, you can analyze ad performance from your Ads dashboard.
If you're not done editing your ad, you can save your progress and return to finish your ad later. To save your ad as a draft:
- In the top left, click Exit.
- In the dialog box, click Save and Exit.
- HubSpot will save your drafted ad, which you can resume editing at any time.
To view your current drafted ad campaigns:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Ads.
- In the left sidebar menu, click Drafts.
- To resume editing one of your drafted campaigns, click the campaign name. You can also remove a draft by hovering over the campaign, clicking Delete, and following the confirmation instructions in the dialog box.
Edit your Facebook ad placement
Facebook ads can appear within Facebook, Instagram, Audience networks, and Facebook Messenger. When you create an ad in HubSpot, Facebook will automatically optimize the placement. To customize where the ad appears, you can edit the ad set in Facebook:
- Log in to your Facebook Ads Manager account.
- In the Campaigns tab, select Edit next to the campaign that you want to edit.
- On the left, select the ad set that you want to edit.
- On the right, scroll down to the Placement section and select Edit placements.