After connecting your Facebook Ads, Google Ads, and LinkedIn Ads accounts to HubSpot, you can analyze ad performance from the ads dashboard. The ads dashboard will display and report on all existing ad campaigns from your connected ad accounts. You can also add ad reports from the reports library to your dashboards to analyze your ads on a high level.
Please note: Google Smart Campaigns will not be pulled into HubSpot due to API limitations.
View ad campaign data
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Ads. You can also access this dashboard when you navigate to Reports > Analytics Tools and click Ads.
- In the upper left, click the Accounts, Attribution Reports, Date, and Status dropdown menus to filter your data.
- Different attribution reports will have different Contacts metrics, leading to different contact-associated metrics (e.g., Customers and Cost per contact).
- Contacts may appear in multiple attribution reports, and some overlap is expected between the different attribution reports. Learn more about ads attribution in HubSpot.
- The first report shows the overall impressions, clicks, number of new contacts, and deals generated from your selected ad campaigns.
- The table shows a breakdown of your metrics per campaign.
- Click a column header to sort your campaigns by a specific metric.
- Click a campaign name to drill down into a specific campaign's metrics. Drilling down into specific campaigns and ads will provide additional metrics to filter by, such as 1st page CPC, Average Position, Max CPC, Top CPC, and Quality Score. Learn more about the metrics on the ads dashboard.
- If you have a Google Ads search campaign in HubSpot, you can view a list of keywords associated with each ad group along with their performance:
- Click the name of an ad group.
- In the upper left of the table, click Keywords.
View reports of ad network data
On the Analyze tab, view reports that show an overview of network-level performance:
- Campaigns with high cost per click
- Campaigns with low cost per click
- Campaigns with high cost per contact
- Campaigns with the low cost per contact
Click the dropdown menu at the top of your dashboard to filter your data further:
- Date: select the date range for each report.
- Status: select whether to include Active, Paused, and Deleted ad campaigns in each report.
Please note: the Attribution reports filter can't be customized, as all reports are on ‘First Form Submission’ attribution model. These reports may be slow to load for accounts with high levels of ad spend.
Metrics on the ads dashboard
The metrics below are available on your ads dashboard:
Please note: metrics that are pulled directly from the ad network can be reported on whether or not a campaign is tracked. Metrics that are calculated by HubSpot can only be reported on if the campaign is being tracked.
- Account Name: the name of the ad account that an ad campaign is from. This information comes from the ad network.
- Amount Spent: the amount of money spent on an ad during the selected time frame. This information comes from the ad network.
- Campaign Type: the campaign objective or type that was selected during campaign creation. This information comes from the ad network.
- Click-Through Rate (CTR): the percentage of people who saw your ad and clicked on it. Calculated by HubSpot by dividing the number of clicks by the number of impressions.
- Clicks: the number of times your ad was clicked during the selected time frame. This information comes from the ad network.
- Total Contacts: the number of HubSpot contacts attributed to each ad during the selected timeframe. Attribution is defined by the selected attribution report.
- Cost per Contact: the amount of money spent on the ad divided by the number of attributed contacts shown in the Total Contacts column. Calculated by HubSpot.
- Deals: the number of Closed Won deals associated with the attributed contacts in the Total Contacts column. Since the Total Contacts amount will vary depending on the selected attribution report, this metric will also vary based on attribution report. In order for a deal to count toward this metric, at least one associated contact must have a Lifecycle Stage of Customer. Calculated by HubSpot.
- Engagements: the number of engagements on your ad during the selected timeframe. The actions that count as engagements vary by network, but some examples include comments, likes, reactions, and shares. This information comes from the ad network.
- Impressions: the number of times your ad was viewed during the selected timeframe. This information comes from the ad network.
- Lifecycle Stages: the number of Total Contacts broken down by current lifecycle stage. Calculated by HubSpot.
- Leads: the number of attributed contacts that currently have a Lifecycle Stage of Lead. Calculated by HubSpot.
- Marketing Qualified Leads: the number of attributed contacts that currently have a Lifecycle Stage of Marketing qualified lead. Calculated by HubSpot.
- Sales Qualified Leads: the number of attributed contacts that currently have a Lifecycle Stage of Sales qualified lead. Calculated by HubSpot.
- Opportunities: the number of attributed contacts that currently have a Lifecycle Stage of Opportunity. Calculated by HubSpot.
- Customers: the number of attributed contacts that currently have a Lifecycle Stage of Customer. Calculated by HubSpot.
- Likes: the number of likes your ad received during the selected timeframe, if applicable. This information comes from the ad network.
- ROI: the return on investment calculated by HubSpot. The calculation used to determine your ROI is dependent on the option you've selected in your HubSpot Ads settings.
- Revenue from deals: the total Amount associated with all HubSpot deals that have been attributed to your ad. Calculated by HubSpot.
Please note: these metrics are affected by the attribution model selected and because of this, may vary from other metrics (e.g., Revenue from deals metric compared to the Closed revenue by source report) because they have a different attribution model.
Ad group/ad drill-down specific metrics
- 1st page CPC: the cost per click for ads on the first page of Google search results. Google Ads only. This information comes from the ad network.
- Average Position: the ad's average position on the Google search results page. Google Ads only. This information comes from the ad network.
- Conversion Rate: how often, on average, an ad interaction leads to a conversion. Based on the conversion events set up in your Google Ads account. This information comes from the ad network.
- Max CPC: the max cost per click set for a specific Google ad or ad group. This information comes from the ad network.
- Top CPC: the highest cost per click set for a specific Google ad. This information comes from the ad network.
- Total contacts, Cost per contact, Customers, Leads, Marketing qualified leads, Sales qualified leads, Opportunities, Deals, and Revenue from deals are HubSpot-specific metrics, and are not visible to external ad platforms. It's not recommended to compare these metrics to metrics in other ad platforms, as the platforms cannot calculate them without visibility into your HubSpot account. Learn more about comparing data in HubSpot ads with external ad networks.
- It's recommended to match your time zone in your HubSpot account and your external ad platforms to avoid discrepancies between metrics such as ad spend.