If your LinkedIn Ads account isn’t showing up when you try to connect it to HubSpot, or if you see an error during the account connect process, try the following troubleshooting steps.
1. Ensure you’re using the correct LinkedIn user
When connecting your LinkedIn Ads accounts to HubSpot, LinkedIn will try to detect if you're already logged in. If you're already logged in to LinkedIn, the user that you're logged in with will be used to authorize the HubSpot connection. This can be an issue if you have multiple accounts or if someone else is logged in to LinkedIn on your computer.
To ensure that you’re authorized as the correct LinkedIn user:
- Open a new tab in your browser and sign into LinkedIn.
- If you're brought to the sign-in page, log in with the correct user.
- If you’re already signed in, ensure that the email address displayed in the top right corner matches the email address you’d like to use to connect your LinkedIn Ads account.
- After logging in with the correct user, navigate to HubSpot and connect your LinkedIn Ads account.
If the account still doesn't appear while connecting, you may need to check your LinkedIn Ads permissions.
2. Check your user permissions
To connect a LinkedIn Ads account to HubSpot, you need to be an account manager in your ad account. To check your ad account permissions in LinkedIn:
- Navigate to your LinkedIn Ads Campaign Manager and select the ad account that you'd like to connect.
- In the upper-right, click the settings icon settings, then select Manage access.
- You will see Account manager listed next to the names of the current managers in this account.
- If you don't currently have admin access, you will need to have another account manager in the ad account adjust your permissions.
- After confirming that you're an account manager, navigate to HubSpot and connect your LinkedIn Ads account.
If the account still doesn't appear while connecting, you may need to reset HubSpot's app permissions.
3. Reset HubSpot app permissions
When you connect a LinkedIN Ads account, HubSpot requests app permissions from LinkedIn. These permissions allow HubSpot to do things like display and report on your ads. If these permissions are edited or removed, it can cause issues in HubSpot's ads tool.
To reset HubSpot app permissions:
- Disconnect the LinkedIn Ads account from all HubSpot accounts that it''s currently connected to.
- Connect the LinkedIn Ads account to HubSpot.
With app permissions reset, you should now be able to connect your LinkedIn Ads account without error.