Connect your Facebook ad account to HubSpot
Last updated: March 10, 2021
|All products and plans|
Connect your Facebook ad account to HubSpot to create and manage your Facebook ads in your HubSpot ads tool. Before you get started, review the requirements below for connecting your account.
Once you connect your account, HubSpot will display and report on all existing campaigns in that account.
Facebook ad account connection requirements
- If you've installed an ad blocker extension for your browser, make sure you disable it when you connect your ad account and when you're using the HubSpot Ads tool.
- The HubSpot user who connects a Facebook ad account must have Publish access to the ads tool in HubSpot.
- The HubSpot user who connects a Facebook ad account must be an admin of the ad account in Business Manager. To confirm that you're an admin of your ad account:
- Go to your Facebook business manager.
- In the top left, click listVieBusiness Manager, then click Business settings.
- In the left sidebar menu, under Accounts, click Ad Accounts.
- Select the ad account that you want to connect to HubSpot.
- In the right pane, click the name of your Facebook user to see all your ad account permissions.
- Confirm that the Manage Ad Account permission switch is toggled on.
Please note: disabled Facebook ad accounts cannot be connected to HubSpot. If a connected Facebook ad account is disabled, it will be disconnected from HubSpot. An error will show in HubSpot next to any disabled accounts. Learn more about disabled Facebook ad accounts and how to reenable them in Facebook's documentation.
Connect your Facebook ad accountYou can connect Facebook ad accounts in your HubSpot Ads settings. If you encounter any errors during the process, check out our troubleshooting guide.
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Marketing > Ads.
- In the Accounts tab, click Connect account.
- In the dialog box, select Facebook.
- In the pop-up window, log in to your Facebook account.
- Facebook will prompt you to authorize the following permissions: Manage your ads, Manage your business, Manage your Pages, Show a list of the Pages you manage, and Access leads for your Pages. HubSpot requires all of these permissions in order to integrate with your ad account.
- To authorize all required integration permissions, click OK.
- In the dialog box, select the Facebook ads accounts to connect to HubSpot, then click Connect. If you have multiple Facebook ads accounts, a list of your accounts will appear. If you want to track contacts that interact with your ads, leave the auto tracking switch toggled on. This will apply HubSpot tracking to the Facebook ads in the account you connect.
- Click Connect.
The connected Facebook ad account(s) will appear in your Ad Accounts settings in HubSpot.
- if your ad account has any outstanding billing issues, or has otherwise been disabled by Facebook for a violation of their ad policies, HubSpot will mark the ad account as Inactive. To fix this issue, you'll need to check your Facebook business settings and Facebook's support resources.
- if you want to disconnect your Facebook ad account from HubSpot, it's recommended to do so from HubSpot and not from Facebook. Disconnecting your Facebook ad account in Facebook will remove all account connections that the logged-in Facebook user has access to, including all other Facebook ad accounts that were not connected to HubSpot.
Once you connect your Facebook ad account, you can configure additional settings and start running ads:
- Create lead ad campaigns from within HubSpot.
- Connect additional users so that they can manage and create campaigns for the account.
- To disconnect the account, check out our Facebook ad account disconnection guide.
Necessary disclosure: if you share data from your HubSpot account with Facebook as part of the HubSpot Ads integration, Facebook's ad terms will apply. When you authorize the integration, HubSpot receives a user token with permissions on the connected ad accounts and pages. HubSpot can view but does not store all the ad accounts and pages you have permission for. Facebook will share settings details (e.g., name, budget, bid strategy, creative) and performance metrics (impressions, clicks, etc.) for all campaigns, ad sets, and ads in the ad accounts you connected.
Connect your page and ad account from Facebook
You can also connect your Facebook ad account from within your Facebook page settings. Connecting your account from within your Facebook page settings will also subscribe that page for lead syncing.
Please note: if you've already connected a Facebook ad account to HubSpot, you'll need to navigate to your HubSpot Ads settings to connect any additional ad accounts.
- In your Facebook account, navigate to your Facebook page.
- In the top navigation menu, click Publishing Tools.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Lead Ad Forms > Leads Setup.
- In the Leads Setup section, click the Search CRM providers field, search for HubSpot, then select the corresponding entry in the dropdown when it appears. If HubSpot has already been connected as a CRM to your Facebook page, you'll see it appear as Connected in the Leads Setup section.
- Next to HubSpot, click Connect from Website.
- A new browser tab or window will open. Sign in to your HubSpot account. If you have multiple HubSpot accounts, select the HubSpot account to connect.
- Select the ad account you want to connect, then click Connect ad account.
Leads from your Facebook page will now sync to HubSpot, and HubSpot will also apply tracking to the ads in your ad account.
Facebook lead ads | Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers and general information quickly about Facebook lead ads in HubSpot's ads tool. If you have...Knowledge Base
Troubleshoot ad tracking issues
After you connect your ad account to HubSpot and toggle auto-tracking on, HubSpot will attempt to apply...Knowledge Base
Ad tracking in HubSpot
Set up ad tracking in HubSpot and learn how HubSpot tracks which ads your contacts are clicking and...Knowledge Base