Use the list below to determine the HubSpot tools or features you can access based on your email provider, and the features that require a connected inbox.
Available features based on connected inbox and email provider
Require a connected inbox and is supported by Google Apps (GSuite) and Gmail (Google Free) inboxes, Office 365 inboxes (Office 365 Business Premium or Office 365 Business Essentials), and inboxes connected using IMAP:
- Auto-logging replies
- Conversations Inbox* (Google Apps, Gmail, and Office 365 only)
- Sending email from the CRM
- Send later
- HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in (Office 365 only)
- Email tracking (Google Apps and Outlook for Desktop on Windows only)
- Contact profiles in Gmail (Google Apps and Gmail only)
- Contact profiles in Outlook (Outlook for Desktop on Windows only)
* Requires paid Sales Hub / Service Hub seats
** Available for free users with limitations
Why must I connect my inbox to HubSpot to send email from the CRM?
- Automatically log email replies to contact timelines in HubSpot.
- Send email from contact, company, deal, and ticket records in HubSpot using your own email servers.
- Send email attachments as files (not links) from HubSpot.
- Take full advantage of HubSpot's sales tools (see above).
Automatically log email replies to contact timelines in HubSpot
When you send emails from your connected inbox, the replies to those emails will be automatically logged to the contact timeline, giving you better visibility into the communication with your leads and customers in your HubSpot account.
Send email from contact, company, deal, and ticket records in HubSpot using your own email servers
With a connected inbox, emails you send from the CRM will be sent using your email server IP address. This increases the likelihood that your emails will reach your lead’s inbox because those IPs belong to you or your company and are not shared by other HubSpot users.
Send email attachments as files (not links) from HubSpot
With a connected inbox, you can send an email attachment from a contact, company, deal, or ticket record in HubSpot, and your attachment will reach your contact's inbox as a file attachment, not as a link.