Use the list below to determine which HubSpot tools or features you have access to based on your email provider, and which features require a connected inbox.
Available features based on connected inbox and email provider
Require a connected inbox - supported by Google Apps (GSuite) and Gmail (Google Free) inboxes, Office 365 inboxes (Office 365 Business Premium or Office 365 Business Essentials), and inboxes connected using IMAP:
- Auto-logging replies
- Conversations Inbox* (Google Apps, Gmail, and Office 365 only)
- Sending email from the CRM
- Send later (Google Apps and Gmail only)
- HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in
- Email tracking (Google Apps and Outlook for Desktop on Windows only)
- Contact profiles in Gmail (Google Apps and Gmail only)
- Contact profiles in Outlook (Outlook for Desktop on Windows only)
* Paid Sales Hub / Service Hub subscriptions only
** Available for free users with limitations
Why must I connect my inbox to HubSpot to send email from the CRM?
- Automatically log email replies to contact timelines in HubSpot.
- Send email from contact, company, deal, and ticket records in HubSpot using your own email servers.
- Send email attachments as files (not links) from HubSpot.
- Take full advantage of HubSpot's sales tools (see above).
Automatically log email replies to contact timelines in HubSpot
When you send emails from your connected inbox, the replies to those emails will be automatically logged to the contact timeline, giving you better visibility into the communication with your leads and customers right in your HubSpot account without having to copy and paste or manually forward an email. In addition, any emails you send from the CRM will show up in your email client’s sent folder (this is not fully supported by all email clients yet).
Send email from contact, company, deal, and ticket records in HubSpot using your own email servers
With a connected inbox, any emails you send from the CRM will be sent using your own email server IP address. This increases the likelihood that your emails will reach your lead’s inbox because those IPs belong to you or your company instead of shared among HubSpot users.
Additionally, you may have noticed that emails you sent from the HubSpot CRM without a connected inbox had the line sent via hscrmemail.com at the top of them. This line is added by email clients when an email is sent from a server that doesn’t match the domain in the From field (for example, hubspot.com sending on behalf of email@example.com). When you connect your inbox, emails you send from HubSpot will be sent through your email server, so your leads won’t see that line anymore.
Send email attachments as files (not links) from HubSpot
With a connected inbox, you can send an email attachment from a contact, company, deal, or ticket record in HubSpot, and your attachment will reach your contact's inbox as a file attachment, not as a link.