Facebook lead ads allow potential customers to sign up for your offers and give you accurate contact information for follow-up. When someone clicks your lead ad, they'll see a form that’s auto-filled with information they’ve shared with Facebook, like their name, number, and/or email.
After connecting your Facebook Ads account to HubSpot, you can create Facebook lead ads through the HubSpot ads tool.
Please note: only the user who connected the Facebook Ads account can create lead ads in HubSpot. Other users must create lead ads directly in Facebook.
Create and automate lead ads
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Ads.
- Click Create Ad Campaign, and select Lead Generation.
- Click the pencil icon edit at the top of the page to enter the name for your ad.
- Set up your ad in the left panel and preview your ad in the right panel.
- Ad account: select the ad account for the ad you want to set up.
- Facebook page: select the Facebook page for the ad.
- Image/Video: upload an image or video for your ad.
- Text: enter text for your ad.
- Headline: enter the headline for your ad.
- Call-to-action: select a call-to-action for your ad.
- Facebook form: select an existing Facebook form from your Facebook page, or create a new Facebook form, for your ad.
- At the top of the page, click the Targeting tab.
- Custom/Saved audience: click Add audience to select an audience in the right panel. Learn more about the categories of ad audiences and how to create ads audiences in HubSpot.
- Location: select a location to target your ad to.
- Interests/Behaviors/Demographics: select interests, behaviors, or demographics, to target your ad to.
- Age range: enter an age range to target your ad to.
- At the top of the page, click the Budget & Schedule tab.
- Budget: click the dropdown menu and select whether your budget is for Daily or the Total amount for the ad, and enter the amount.
- Schedule: click the dropdown menus to select the duration of your lead ad.
- At the top of the page, click the Automation tab. This step is optional.
- Send new contact notification to: click to select a user or enter a new email address to receive new contacts who converted on the lead ad.
- Create list of lead ad contacts: enter a name to create a new list that holds lead ad contacts from your lead ad.
- Once your lead ad is set up, click Publish.
Edit your lead ad placement
Lead ads can be made to appear within Facebook, Instagram, Audience networks, and Facebook Messenger. When you create a lead ad in HubSpot, Facebook will automatically optimize the placement. To customize where the lead ad appears, you can edit the ad set in Facebook:
- Log in to your Facebook Ads Manager account.
- In the Campaigns tab, select Edit next to the campaign that you want to edit.
- On the left, select the ad set that you want to edit.
- On the right, scroll down to the Placement section and select Edit placements.