If you want to move the lifecycle stage of your list of contacts backwards, up the funnel (e.g. Customer to Lead), check out this article.
Change the lifecycle stage of a list of contacts with a workflow (Marketing Professional and Enterprise only)
Please note: the workflows and lists tools are available in Marketing Professional and Enterprise accounts.
- In your HubSpot Marketing Professional or Enterprise account, navigate to Contacts > Workflows.
- Click Create workflow at the upper right of the dashboard.
- Select Start from scratch, then click Create workflow at the upper right.
- Decide on and set enrollment criteria. If this is a one-time process to move the lifecycle stage for a list of contacts, select Manually so that contacts are only enrolled when you decide to add them.
- Click the plus (+) icon to add an action under the enrollment criteria.
- Choose Set contact property value, then select Lifecycle stage as the contact property and choose the lifecycle stage value you wish to assign to your list (this will only work for moving the lifecycle stage forward, down the funnel).
- Click Save at the bottom.
- Turn on your workflow by toggling the switch ON at the upper right.
Now that the workflow is set up, you'll need to enroll the list of contacts in your workflow:
- In your HubSpot Marketing Professional or Enterprise account, navigate to Contacts > Lists.
- Click the name of the list you want to add to the workflow.
- Check the box at the top left of the list table to select all the contacts in the list.
- Click More and select Enroll in workflow.
- In the dialog box that appears, select the workflow to enroll the contacts in from the dropdown and click Enroll.
Change the lifecycle stage of a list of contacts with an import
- Create a .csv file with the email addresses of the contacts you want to change the lifecycle stage for.
- In your HubSpot Marketing Professional or Enterprise account, navigate to Contacts > Contacts.
- Click Import at the upper right of the dashboard.
- Click Start a new import, then choose A CSV file and select Contacts as your type of import
- Select a file to import, then click Upload.
- In the Lifecycle stage for contacts in this import dropdown, select the lifecycle stage.
- Complete the import process. Once the contacts have been imported, they will have their lifecycle stage changed to your selected lifecycle stage as long as that change is moving forward, down the funnel.