Setting up your blog subscription options in HubSpot lets your readers opt into instant, daily, weekly, or monthly notifications about your new blog posts. Your subscribers can also follow you on social media, which will allow them to see when you auto-publish your blog posts to Twitter and Facebook.
Complete the following steps to set up your blog subscription options in HubSpot:
- Set up your blog subscription form
- Enable your blog subscription settings
- Set up and publish your blog notification emails
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Lead Capture > Forms.
- Click the name of your blog's form to edit it. By default, the blog subscription form will be named Subscribe to [Blog name] Notifications.
- Once you're in the form, click the Notification Frequency field on the right.
- In the Field options section of the left sidebar menu, click Add options to add subscription options to the form field. Hover over any existing options you wish to delete and click Remove.
- When finished, click Publish in the top-right corner.
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- Click the Subscriptions tab.
- Click to toggle the Enable blog subscriber notification emails switch ON.
- Click to toggle each frequencies switch on:
Please note: these notification frequency options should match the field values you set up in your blog subscription form.
- Instant notifications: subscribers receive an email of your latest post as soon as you publish it. There is a 15-minute "grace period" prior to notifications actually being sent, so if you decide to unpublish a post during this period, the notification emails will not be sent.
- Daily notifications: subscribers receive a daily digest of your blog posts. You control the maximum number of posts per digest and the time of day it will go out. The email will include any new posts since the last notification email, up to the maximum number set.
- Weekly notifications: subscribers receive a weekly digest of your blog posts. You control the maximum number of posts per digest and the day and time it goes out. The email will include any new posts since the last notification email, up to the maximum number set.
- Monthly notifications: subscribers receive a monthly digest of your blog posts. You control the maximum number of posts per digest and the day and time it goes out. The email will include any new posts since the last notification email, up to the maximum number set.
Please note: if you publish a blog post when the notifications settings are turned off, HubSpot will send the notification email when the settings are turned back on within the time frame when that email would be sent out. When Instant blog notifications are enabled, an email will be sent out for any blog posts published within the past 12 hours. Unpublishing and republishing a blog post won't resend the HubSpot instant blog notification email.
- Number of posts in RSS feed - enter the number of posts you want to show in your RSS feed. Each RSS email will only include new posts since the prior send of the email, up to the maximum number you've chosen.
- Show summaries in RSS - select the checkboxes to show blog summaries in your RSS feed.
- Show summaries in emails - select the checkboxes to show blog summaries in your RSS emails.
Please note: you'll need to configure and publish each notification email before your settings can be saved.
- Click the Edit link for one of the notification emails you turned on.
- In the email editor, click Edit details.
- Select a new From name and email address from the dropdown menus.
- By default, the blog notification email will be set up to Use latest blog entry headline as email subject. If this checkbox is not selected, you can compose your own custom email subject line.
- If the Show summaries in Emails setting is selected in your blog's subscriptions settings, the main body of the email will pull into the body of your post up to the Read More tag.
- Click the main body of your email to edit the options for the blog content module.
- In the editor on the left, select a Post display options to choose a layout for your RSS email. You can customize the layout and style of your blog feed in the Item layout/style sidebar editor. You'll see auto-populated RSS tokens here that you can move around, adjust font size, etc.
- Click Advanced settings to edit your author line text. You can also set the max width for your featured image to match the width of your email content module, or set a custom max width in pixels. Click Save and go to module list to save your changes to the main email body.
- When you finish editing your email, navigate to the Schedule tab and click Publish or Update in the right corner.
After you've finished publishing each blog notification email you'd like to send, click Save to save your blog subscription settings in your account settings.
Please note: your blog subscription emails count towards your email send limit.